Fortec Star Passion

balos123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion
My Location
UK
Folks, this may be in the wrong section and apologies if it is but i am new to this game and most of the headings on this site mean nothing to me as they are way beyond my understanding. I'm looking for some advice. I bought the above receiver, hooked it up and it was working fine. However i was messing around in the main menu and now the screen is blank and i cant get back to the main menu. The box is making a small noise when the TV is on but no picture and therefore no main menu. Can anyone help ? Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried unplugging it and rebooting?

balos123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion
My Location
UK
Thanks rolfw, yes i tried that to no avail. I took it back to Maplin and they figured that we needed to re install the firmware, which they did and it's now back in action. Thanks for the reply.

Dearolpete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion
My Location
surrey
G'day Folks
I have signed up here in the hope that someone can assist me with information in regard to Fortec Star Passion. I have had the dish professionally aligned on Astra2A and have scanned for FTA TV & Radio.
Originally I received TV stations OK and some Radio but NOT the main BBC stations. Now I cannot seem to get any response to either but get a sign come up "No Video and Audio"
Any help would be much appreciated. nomail@nomail.com

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire