My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
Hi
Complete newbie here so I hope this isn't a daft question.

I've had a Fortec Star platinum operating for about 18 months to pick up Astra 19E and Hotbird using 1 Fixed dish, 2 LNBs, 2 cables and a separate DiSEqC.

The dish had become rusty and corroded and the installer replaced it with a monoblock dual LNB feeding the Fortec directly via a single cable. He said that the Fortec had an internal DisEqc and therefore only a single cable was required.

However, although it picks up signals from both satellites it can only 'hold' the data for one satellite at a time i.e. scanning and saving the data for Hotbird deletes the channels previously stored for Astra. He said that I should contact Fortec to find out what settings were necessary to enable data for both satellites to be retained.

I suspect, however, that he might have got it wrong and that the Fortec will receive two satellites only via an external DiSEqC.

Is there a way round this problem or am I stuck with just being able to view one satellite?

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So if you set the satellites to DiseqC A and B, are you saying that whichever you scan, it keeps the channels until you scan the other and then it erases them?

regen70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
Yes that seems to be what's happening. Only the channels from the last scanned satellite appear on the menu

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not fully au fait with the FortecStar receivers, but in some receivers, you need to tick satellites in the satellite list, to make them appear in the channel list.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
regen70 said:
Hi

I suspect, however, that he might have got it wrong and that the Fortec will receive two satellites only via an external DiSEqC.

Is there a way round this problem or am I stuck with just being able to view one satellite?

Thanks in advance

You have got an external DiSEqC, it is inside the monoblock LNB.

Not quite sure how you have it set up, but one one of the satellites will have to be set to use the 1st DiSEqC position and the other satelite the other.
When you do a scan you select the satellite first and then scan. The channels for each one should be stored separately. I know on the Fortec I had (different model) it sometimes used to get it's knickers in a twist, and the only way to rectify it was a fectory reset. But I think this is a last resort. Can you post a couple of pictures of your settings?

Robbo

regen70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star platinum

Astra 19E and Hotbird
Panasonic TX-37LZD81
Astra2 Freesat
My Location
Lancashire UK
Many thanks for the quick replies.

I've played around with the system a bit more and all the scanned channels now appear on the channel listing but very few are from Astra (perhaps 100 compared to 1900 from Hotbird) and when I click on these all I get is the message"Lock channel" appearing on the screen. This applies to FTA as well as scrambled channels and I don't recall having seen it in the past.
The new dish (70cm) is slightly smaller than the previous one (80cm) so maybe the system is no longer capable of picking up the weaker Astra signals. I'll wait until the skies are clear and then try recanning again and see what happens.

Thanks again.