fortec star

clobryn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar Dreambox 7020si
Sky+
My Location
Wales
Is there any Cam I can use in my fortec star passion that will let me use my sly card in it

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Diablo or Dragon/TRex will work with your card.

Llew

clobryn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortecstar Dreambox 7020si
Sky+
My Location
Wales
Thanks for the quick reply Llew

Narc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR Passion +
CAS 3 Prog. Diablo V2.3
My Location
UK
Which one is best for English programmes? I too have the assion + receiver, and wondered which card, and from what I have read the Cam 3+ programmer. I do have a laptop with a PCMIA slot in, but I think I still need the 3+. If someone can advise which on is the best to go for, this will help me search and narrow down my research.

thanks.

Narc...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Narc

OK lets be very clear here, this thread is about using a valid sky card to watch sky programmes that you have paid a subscription to watch, you appear to be getting the wrong end of the stick.

Narc said:
Which one is best for English programmes? I too have the assion + receiver, and wondered which card, and from what I have read the Cam 3+ programmer. I do have a laptop with a PCMIA slot in, but I think I still need the 3+. If someone can advise which on is the best to go for, this will help me search and narrow down my research.

You have asked which card which indicates you are not talking about a sky card.

You mention a cam 3+ programmer, again you are confused it is a CAS III+ programmer this is not a card but a means to load software on a conditional access module.

So really unless you tell us what exactly you are wishing to receive/watch and from which satellite nobody will be able to help further

Narc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR Passion +
CAS 3 Prog. Diablo V2.3
My Location
UK
I did say I was new to all this.

Ok,
I have Sky, paid subscription, I also have the Sky box, all wired and working. I have a 80cm dish with 2 LNB's (1 on UK, for Sky, and 1 on 19.2 for German TV). I currently use two receivers (Sky and Passion +). I have figured out the DiSqc to use the receiver to switch between the two, through a switching unit and can connect both to the Passion +.

From your post does this mean I can purchase just a CAM and use the Sky card in the CAM? Or is the CAS III+ programmer also required, and what are the other cards for then, Diablo, Dragon that I have read about.

Sorry if you have answered these questions many time before, but I have obviously got it all the wrong way around.

I also have an additional LNB to install. I jst want to know which is the best combination to give the most channels. UK alignment will have to remain for UK Sky, the 19.2 German gives a good selection, so if you can advise of what you experts beleive to be the best option.

Hope this info helps....

Thanks again.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for the clarification

There is a lot of information about using a sky card in a Dragon t/rex or diablo CAM and their respective requirements, already on the forum you just have to search for it and I do not intend repeating it all.
If I am reading your post correctly it may be interesting for other members to know how you have managed to get your skybox working with diseqc since the skybox does not support diseqc.

It is not possible really to give a definitive answer to you best combination question because different people like different things, what pleases you may not please me.