Fortecstar 5600ii H/w ? S/w?

nopfusch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sAT.: EechostarDVB 1000Ci2 (no 7 tears old and faulty), one Analogue receiver threshold -3dB, even older but still in good working order, 3.6m mesh dish with positioner, California feedhorn with mech. polarizer and C- and Ku- Band LNBs.
PC1 P4 2.2GH
My Location
South Africa, Johbg., 26.2S, 28.1 E
I have several AV sources in my home:
2 SAT receivers, 2 VCR's, and a DVD/VCR. All have programmable UHF modulators (PAL - I) from 21 to 68 .
All outputs are "in series" (UHF in-out) via an RG6 cable and then passed on to the 3 TV's.
Now between one used channel and the next I programmed the outputs from the various sources, that I have always two unused channels in between, to avoid cross-interference from one to the next channel.
E.G. source 1 channel 21
source 2 channel 24
source 3 channel 27
etc.
Now I wanted to add the newly aquired FORTECSTAR FSCO-5600II in to that series set-up. Again I left 2 channel space between the last channel number and the FSCO-5600.
But the TV's show when looking to the output produced by that FSCO-
5600, about 8 to 9 horizontal dark bars, about 6-8 cm high moving not too slow from bottom up over the screen. When the FSCO-5600 is used as stand-alone, it works fine. Only when used in that "UHF Network", the TVs show these bars. The other channels from other sources are not affected.
I tried another channel number output, with 6 empty channels in between the previous one, no improvement.
Anybody had similar experiences and what were the solutions, please?
Otherwise this is a fine receiver.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes I had a similar problem, a while back, my solution was to try a different UHF channel,as I was not sure if there was some local interference from something.

Is the receiver picture OK via the UHF output on its own into the TV?

Is there a different channel you can try?

Robbo:)

nopfusch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sAT.: EechostarDVB 1000Ci2 (no 7 tears old and faulty), one Analogue receiver threshold -3dB, even older but still in good working order, 3.6m mesh dish with positioner, California feedhorn with mech. polarizer and C- and Ku- Band LNBs.
PC1 P4 2.2GH
My Location
South Africa, Johbg., 26.2S, 28.1 E
Thanks Robo,
yes I tried, no success.
And someone pointed me now to the SMPSU (switched mode power supply) of the Fortec. There is some truth in it, as the voltage supply (23VDC) to the tuner/LNB has also some interference on top of the 23V and with different smoothing capacitors, I can influence the frequency of the bars on the screen.
So I'm going to build now a stabilizing unit after the SMPSU and we'll see how it behaves then.
I'll post the result.
nopfusch