JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
BigSat BS-S 501 xtra Freesat Box, Pace Skybox DS440N, Humax Foxsat - HDR
My Location
Costa Blanca South
I only use one feed and the recording has been fine since I got the box in December until I programmed the box to record the series Marchlands on a whole series recording on ITV (have been recording lots of other whole series recordings without probs). The first episode didn't record - at the time for recording the box went to 'boot' and so missed the recording so I pressed the red button to record manually which recorded fine. Just now the same thing happened as the second episode was due to record - the box went to 'boot' and again missed the recording when I checked there is an error message of 'recording failed, unknown reason'. This only seems to be happening when recording this particular series - anyone have any ideas as to why this is?

Thanks.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Not sure if it might be relevant but are you recording in HD or SD?

JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
My Location
Costa Blanca South
SD for this series. Anything on ITV I record in SD and on BBC1 in HD as using the single feed this is the only way it allows. I was actually watching BBC1 HD channel when it happened this time but last time the TV wasn't on.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
JMW said:
SD for this series. Anything on ITV I record in SD and on BBC1 in HD as using the single feed this is the only way it allows.
Do you mean that you can't record ITV1 HD on 119? If so, there's something wrong with the setup as I have the same single feed and I can certainly record 119.

JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
My Location
Costa Blanca South
I can record ITV HD but only when I am not watching anything else at the same time on the same transponder group. If I want to record two things at once I use ITV SD and BBC HD.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
JMW said:
I can record ITV HD but only when I am not watching anything else at the same time on the same transponder group. If I want to record two things at once I use ITV SD and BBC HD.
That is a perfect description of the problem with a single feed.

To "cure" this you'll need a multi output LNB and a second feed from that to the LNB2 input on the HDR. Then you'll have to do a complete reinstall so that the box can recognise the new arrangement. You won't lose any recordings but you will lose your favourites and any recording schedules you have set up.

JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
My Location
Costa Blanca South
Thanks for that.