Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Hi ,
Please , I need help :
which are the right "Goodies" menu setup for :
no card use
with card use ?

Which kind of card works with this cam ?

Thx a lot
Bye

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
alright, one more time. The last time. Absolutely. for it is the twenty-seventh time already (at least).... check out old posts on this using our search function...

the "EMU" option in the goodies menu is short for "EMUlator".
So "EMU ON" means the internal Irdeto1/betacrypt emulator that is part of the FreeCAM functionality, is switched on, and control is not passed to any card that may be inserted. IE with EMU ON you do not need a card to be inserted in order to see those channels (but this assumes that the Irdeto plainkeys inside the FreeCAM are still valid - and if not you need to enter new ones)

With EMU OFF the emulator is switched off. In that mode it passes control to a card (so a card must be inserted to get a picture).

With the later versions of FreeCAM (FreeCAM2 v0.17 for example) the possibility exists for other encryption systems - not only Irdeto/Betacrypt. So for example by using a suitably programmed Funcard in such a CAM you can decrypt Viaccess, Nagravision or Mediaguard.
But even in those versios of the FreeCAM, the internal emulator is only for Irdeto/Betacrypt. So for the mentioned systems you would have to set EMU OFF and use a card.

2old

ormoslo

Reaction score
I have NOKIA 9600 with DVB 2000 beta 6 and a Humax 5300 also I have a Freecam 2-017 but in Nokia I can't see all channels with same card and same Freecam for example from in Humax I can see all French channels but in NOKIA I can see only RFM TV in the other channels I have only sound and black screen.Why happens this?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The FreeCAM2 v0.17 does not work fully with multiple encryption systems. We're all awaitng v0.18 which should solve the problems, but it's not ready yet. In the meantime you can expect these kind of problems. Some receivers work better in combination with the v0.17 than others.
2old

gillou

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Hello
I want to say “Thank you” to the people who replied to my questions.
In fact with the settings :
Goodies
All ECM OFF
EMU ON
The CAM works perfectly without card.

And with thwese ones :
All ECM ON
ECM : Irdeto
EMU OFF
The CAM works perfectly with the card ( Waffer Irdeto )

In fact , it is necessary to be PATIENT !
Sometimes , a little time has to be waited between tuning and watching.

I’ll put here my future experiences results when trying with other card types and softs

Yes , I can confirm it works better with some receivers :
Nokia 9600S CI2.6 to be tested completly but not good with wafer via
Aston 2OOO = OK

Bye