My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
This 80cm, or thereabouts, dish has not been used for many years now, though is still attached to the back of my house by a substantial pole, not having moved at all over the time I've had it fitted (16+ years).

It's connected to a (replacement) DiSEqC motor, possibly Technomate though not sure of this, and had a new LNB fitted though this was a good while ago. It's worth having for the mounting brackets and pole alone and I'd sooner it go to someone on here who may benefit from it, rather than me just rip it down and scrap it.

Everything was working when I de-commissioned it, though I'm obviously unsure now.

It will want collecting from the North Manchester area (Bury) and removing by the new owner, a simple job involving 5 x 13mm bolts and clipping the cable. I can't help with this unfortunately due to a few current health issues, so bring a friend if in doubt.

I don't want anything for it, I'm sure it's paid for itself by now, though I'm sure that the forum wouldn't refuse a small donation as a gesture of thanks for allowing a platform to make you aware of this dish. :)

Couple of quick images: -

20210716_094459.jpg

20210716_094602.jpg

I hope that this will help someone. :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Is that an Orbital? Looks identical to my main dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes, it's an Orbital, bolted to a nice piece of scaffold pole and trapezium bracketry.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
My Location
North West UK
Quick bump as I've decided that it's gong to be coming down by the end of this month/early next.

Seems a shame to scrap it really but, if no takers on here, it'll be heading down to my local tip. :(

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Is that a bungalow or a two storey house?

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
My Location
North West UK

dafydd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402, CM 1.2, V-box, Linux computer
My Location
Flintshire, North wales
I would be interested in the DiSEqC motor to carry out some experiments. But, looking at the photographs, I doubt that I would be able to get the pole in my car (and possibly the dish unless the LNB arm is detachable). However you would have it down for disposal.
If this is of help please send me a private message and perhaps we can come to an arrangement.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I would be interested in the DiSEqC motor to carry out some experiments. But, looking at the photographs, I doubt that I would be able to get the pole in my car (and possibly the dish unless the LNB arm is detachable). However you would have it down for disposal.
If this is of help please send me a private message and perhaps we can come to an arrangement.

I do hope he sees your post - I can tell you he hasn't logged onto the Forum since October 2021 (Edited by Dr.Who)

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I do hope he sees your post - I can tell you he hasn't logged onto the Forum since October 20210
My word, he's from the future......