Free sci-fi/horror channel FREE on Internet

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Best viewed on Broadband.:D Enjoy 24/7 and free, such epics as "Mermaids From Planet Mars".:D :-rofl2

And "The Wasp Woman".:D

http://www.americafree.tv/unicast_embed/AmericaFreeTVDimensionB_dbl.html

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
yep, I also like this! Several internet tv channels, showing similar types of things to the Sky "free" movie channels nos 321-340. So, you get some old sci fi (including plan 9, etc), and old Hitchcocks, on an "endless loop". Also, don't miss Aresenic and Old Lace, Capra's famous film with Cary Grant.

Stream rate is 500 MBit/s for full screen, or 250 for small picture, quality is reasonable but not brilliant! The lowest speed 1M broadband should be fine.

Needs quicktime 7, which can be downloaded free from Apple website, but only after the end of itunes (but then, if you don't want itunes, you can delete that and just keep quicktime).

There can be problems, you might need to update windows with some plugins, but advice is given.

The site also contains links to other free tv services, some are quite interesting!

(if u have problems running this in Firefox, IE still usually works!).

Their main webpage is: -www.americafree.tv

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
You should have seen "Mermaids From Planet Mars". LOL :D Dire, but BRILLIANT! :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Actually, you have a point there, Spiney. :) It works much better on Internet Explorer than Firefox...with Firefox the picture tends to jump as if film is loose on the spool...

On Explorer is faultless...so far. :D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
That's cos IE has less "protection", especially against malware attacks, but it does make for smoother running!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Spiney, you're clever, man!!!!! :D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
clever, moi? Well, see what it says in my profile ....

It's an impression formed from other peoples' comments, plus my own experience. I've found that, with Firefox, as well as better downloads control, you don't get so many unwanted cookies sneaking in, etc .....

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
You're modest too. :)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Yeah, I could say lots about being modest ....

But, I'm a jack of all trades ...... and therefore, inevitably, master of none!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Channel 18's good, innit, Spiney? Loads of blood and gore on there! By the way, do they ever change their "sedoc"?

* HINT: backing thinking, Spiney. * ;)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Sorry, Saturlight, you've lost me ......

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
No Saturlight the 'sedoc' have been like that for ages. What we're seeing is a feed for a 6 channel cable package.

L.:)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I see, thanks. :)