Freecam 2.018 upgrade/repair?

blackninja

Reaction score
I finally programmed my first funcards using an Elvis - a Seca Funcard 4 for an Aston Cam I've borrowed and a 6in1 FunCard 6 for my Mascetti FreeCam 2.018. The Seca Card clears a few channels, including the AbSat package. However the 6in1 Card only seems to clear Zik/XXL on 13 East and that's all flickery and with no sound.

I've tried 13/19 East, Mach's files in all their combinations and Jettys files. I've gone to I/S/V/N... and switched Emu and Debug Off - still the same.

Is my FreeCam faulty? If so how could I repair it? Would it worth upgrading to 2.019/2.020 and how much of a risk would this pose to my FreeCam?

Hope you can help.

blackninja

Reaction score
Upgraded to FreeCam 2.020 using the file from fookfiles and Windows ME. Plugged my receiver into the upstairs telly with the cam inserted and seems to have upgraded successfully, although I won't be trying it out properly until tonight.

What channels should be clearing at the mo with a 6in1 file? Noticed there's a TPS Crypt option - does this mean the TPS channels can be be cleared without a card inserted?

blackninja

Reaction score
The cam is coming up as freecam 2.020 and seems to be operating OK - but I'm still only getting a flickery soundless XXL and that's it. The TPS crypt option seems to do nothing.

Is there a possibility that my receiver (Smart Centurio CI) might not be fully compatible with freecam or is my freecam f**ked? (to use a technical term)

speculatrix

Reaction score
My Location
East Anglia, UK
I didn't get any joy with TPS either; I am using freecam 2.019 and a PC running windows card emulator. I didn't try too hard, and got diverted when the maxtor disk in the PC died :-(
when I get a chance I'll let you know.
Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Some 6-in-1 files work better than others in different CAM/Receiver combinations, may be worth trying some other files.

blackninja

Reaction score
Tried Mach's latest 6 in 1 file (with the Eurocam Eeprom) on the Freecam 2-020 with Emu/Debug off and emulation set to I/V/CR/NA (TPS Crypt option doesn't seem to do much). Cleared the TPS movie channels but no multivision. Would it be worth trying other files or are there probs with multivision at the mo?

speculatrix

Reaction score
My Location
East Anglia, UK
blackninja said:
Tried Mach's latest 6 in 1 file (with the Eurocam Eeprom) on the Freecam 2-020 with Emu/Debug off and emulation set to I/V/CR/NA (TPS Crypt option doesn't seem to do much). Cleared the TPS movie channels but no multivision. Would it be worth trying other files or are there probs with multivision at the mo?

Hi BN,
thanks for info. which card you running the 6in1, and which sat receiver do you have?

Paul

blackninja

Reaction score
Sorry mate been away for the weekend. I programmed the 6in1 file (Jetty and Mach both cleared TPS) onto a Funcard 6 using Elvis and my receiver's a Smart Centurio - maybe Multivision only clears on certain receivers.

blackninja

Reaction score
Used shadow's file from www.toecuttersden.com (under 6in1 files)

Think they've changed the 0B key, or something like that, for TPS.

Still no Multivision 8 though (which I think shows most of the Saturday Footy) and still no sound on Zik/XXL. S'pose you can't have it all.