Freecam manual input

T

Trikki

Have tried looking at past information, but cannot find using search.

The input required is 3 charas followed by 24 charas (8*3).

I understand the 24 chara code but, what is the first field.

Also the codes do not enter automatically until another three charas have been entered (this seems to be more than is reqired by the onscreen help) I am then asked to confirm save or not.

Once I have entered a new key is it activated automatically.

difficult to describe without using dummy keys.

thanks Trikki

T

Trikki

Have figured out where I was going wrong

needs two sets of three charas in first field

Thanks anyway

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
these 3-digit numbers are simply the decimal representations of hexadecimal values of the following:
Provider-id (1 byte)
Key-index-number (one byte)
key itself (8 bytes)

So you need to know the provider-id and key-number in order to correctly fill in the first two 3-digit numbers.

This info (and more, including examples) is in this forum somewhere. I remember writing it myself.

2old

T

Trikki

Thanks for info, thought it would be somewhere on here, just could not find it with the search.

I managed to clear up the input, but the info helps with what it means. At least I can get some channels on now.

Just the problem of what files to use with my cam and receiver now.

Thanks again

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Let's be clear:
the codes you enter into FreeCAM are plainkeys for Irdeto1 providers. They are only used when the CAM is in Irdeto-card emulation mode (EMU=ON in the Goodies menu).
In that mode, control will not be passed at all to any inserted card.
If you want to use an inserted card (Irdeto, or whatever) then you need to set EMU=OFF. In that case, the plainkeys you entered into the CAM are not used at all.

The best firmware for the CAM is FreeCAM2 v0.18 "kina" (=masacetti) variant. That works well with most receivers and most 6-in-1 cards.

2old

T

Trikki

Thanks 2old

I did realise that emu would have to be off, and its apparently difficult to upgrade my cam so no 6 in 1 files.

The main problem is that the Nokia requires modified Hex codes, and I have not been able to find these anywhere.

Thanks for the previous info, it made things a lot clearer.

Its all just a big learning exercise

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If you have a CAM that allows you to enter FreeCAM keys, then you have a CAM which has already been flashed and can be flashed again at will. Please explain why you think it would be difficult.

I use a FreeCAM in a Nokia9600. No problem with 5/6-in-1. What kind of Nokia box do you have?

2old

T

Trikki

Hi 2old,

Nokia 9800s, Irdeto Freecam 901633, 0.07B

I was asking about upgrades in another forum, and was told the cam could be flashed but only by desoldering. Rolfw on here suggested I try DaveM for files, but no luck there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Was using with just the standard viaccess slot, bought the cam about 6 months ago from Nesat. Since then no luck with any files I've tried.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Trikki, just looked back at your original post, can you go into the goodies menu for the CAM and under status post here what is written, then go to Goodies and cycle through the ECM options and see if it has the I/BC/S/V/N option, but make a list of what it has anyway.

T

Trikki

Rolf, 2old

List as requested, sorry if postings are at odd times-Its nights at work this week unfortunately.

I/BC/S/V/N
Wizja(CWK)
MTV(CWRK)
Ideto
Viaccess
Seca/Via
Via/Seca

If the list of Cams I was given on another forum is of interest I will try and copy it over.

I had an Echostar multisat about 1988ish, with a little black box to decode Filmnet (it was a lot simpler then).

Thanks for the help
Its very much appreciated.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well that should be OK, on the multiple setting it should work. in the module information on mine ti says. DVB_CI_V1.00 MascettiCam2-0.

you could try the !6 in 1 file by Digitalus, it has an Eeprom for Nokias, I know that before I upgraded from 2.017 to 2.018 I couldn't get anything with the Hyundai.

I also seem to remember that if a 901633 CAM had been upgraded and flashed, that it was then flashable, but I'll see if I can find more about that.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Trikki
are you there is FreeCAM v2 firmware in your CAM?
It might only be FreeCAM v1. That gives the ability to enter Irdeto plainkeys, but does not allow for multi-encryption cards. The only card you can use in it is an Irdeto card.

What does it report in the CAM menu?

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Surely if it has these selections 2old, it must be a version 2?

I/BC/S/V/N
Wizja(CWK)
MTV(CWRK)
Ideto
Viaccess
Seca/Via
Via/Seca

T

Trikki

Hi rolf, 2old.

Sorry for delay I was in work till this morning and then bed.

Have checked details more thoroughly on menu as follows

SC; Type 0201 State 0300 Nr FCAM 2-0018

Hope that helps

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Trikki, that confirms that you should be able to get some of the 5 or 6in1 files to work, there are normally a good selection on Phill's site, I/BC/S/V/N should be set in the Goodies menu.

T

Trikki

Hi Rolf, 2old,

Have downloaded a couple to try, I have Fun, DS9 and Gold cards to try which do you think will be best.

Does the Cam details mean it has already been flashed.

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that is the serial for a mk II freecam. Regarding cards, I prefer the funcards for clearing the most channels and clearing them more quickly, but that is just my preference.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Rolf: yes, those options are only in the FreeCAM2 - but Trikki had not stated that s/he had those options.

Trikki:
bear in mind that if you are using goldcards not all are suitable for use in a FreeCAM. The FreeCAM was and remains an Irdeto CAM, albeit a modified one. So only Irdeto-based cards will work in it. The 3/4/5/6-in-1 card software (Fun & DS9) are Irdeto based - the CAM thinks it has an Irdeto card in it when you use them. If you want to use a goldcard, you need something like Irvito (Irdeto/Betacrypt+Viaccess). There are also Irdeto/Betacrypt+SECA and Irdeto/Betacypt+SECA+Viacess files for goldwafers, for use in FreeCAMs. A standard SECA (Mediaguard) wafer, or a standard Viaccess wafer will not work in a FreeCAM. I am not aware of any Nagravision files for goldwafer in a FreeCAM.

2old