freecam2 how2

tommo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
need help with new system
have a freecam2 019 but dont know anything about them also have funcard from old humax system but it dont work with 6-1 file

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What receiver Tommo and what settings do you have in the CAM Goodies Menu? Also, not all Humax suitable files work with a Freecam.

tommo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
just found keymenu and managed premiere but need soccer channels help appriated on where they are and what card is best as i can only receive prem channels sofar?receiver is strong 4375

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need Emulation to be switched off Tommo for it to act as a freecam, then the setting above needs to be set to all encryptions, there are five or six options.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
just a word of clarification (to avoid misunderstandings) -
the term "FreeCAM" was introduced when the emulator function and facility for entering/editing internally stored Irdeto plainkeys was built into the CAM's firmware. So to use the "FreeCAM" as it was originally intended, you need to turn ON the EMUlator (via the CAM's "goodies" menu).

With the EMU=ON, the CAM is only using its internally stored keys and they are only Iredeto plainkeys. No other encryption system is supported in that mode (well, alright, Betacrypt is too, since that is essentially the same as Irdeto and uses the same key structure).

If you turn the EMU OFF then the CAM gets its keys from an inserted card - just like any other kind of CI CAM.

The FreeCAM2 variant of the firmware was introduced to support multiple encryption systems in that (emo off) mode. With a FreeCAM2 and a suitably programmed card of the right type it can handle the following: Irdeto/Betacrypt, Mediaguard ("seca"), Viaccess, TPS-Crypt (variant of Viaccess) and Nagravision. The card-type (namely the actual internal chipset) and the card software ("hexes") that you need depend on the encryption systems you're going after. Two types support the mentioned six simultaneously - these are the so-called DS9 card (DS9 software loaded on a "silver" card) and the 6-in-1 Funcard. For each respective card-type there are a number of different variants of the software/hexes that you can use, some tweaked for specific receivers. You should use one that is specifically made for and tested with your type of receiver/CAM.

The FreeCAM also supports normal goldwfers and there are software/hex files available for single or multiple (pairs of) encryption systems. For example, the Irvito files allow viaccess reception on your Irdeto FreeCAM.

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry 2old, of course you are right, I believe that Tommo wishes to use the 6 in 1 files that he was using on the Humax, so he needs it in Allcam mode, don't think that many people use the Freecam mode any more.

tommo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for help
still cant get funcard to work so may try purchasing a silver card
all the best
tommo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
May just need to use a different file with the funcard Tommo, there may even be a file specific to the Strong receiver, I always used to find the DaveM and Xamuh files were good.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
before you do, have you tried altering the ECM setting in the "goodies" menu?
Most cards in most receivers work best with it set to "I/BC/S/V/N"

2old