Freesat and Humax in Villa Martin, Alicante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
costa blanca-humax & 1.2 dish
essex-humax, sky & 40 cm dish
My Location
essex & villa martin alicante
Hi - my setup in spain is a humax freesat box, 1.2 m dish - I dont have an lnb yet but need to know what one to buy and also need to know what stations I WONT recieve with this setup Thanks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
not to sure on dish make and model as I have not been over to spain for a while - but Its the biggest dish my urb will let me bolt to the roof! can you advise on a good lnb - From memory the broken lnb I had on the dish was an echostar uni 0.6 - hope this helps

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The question cannot be answered as we don't know the dish type.

For example,is it prime focus or offset?, as feedhorn parameters are usually different.

Best you take a photo of it I think, when your'e next there.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry - Just spoke to one of my neighbour`s over there and he says its an "offset" - I still have the broke lnb I will check my garage later on. Its in there someware ( I hope )

jacton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9 Famaval dish with Humax Foxsat receiver Spanish TDT receiver
My Location
Algorfa Costa Blanca
I live at La Finca Golf and have a 1.9 portuguese dish with twin LNB.

If you only have a 1.2 you will not get BBC2,3,4 C5, Fiver et al, C4 (although you might get TTon4 and you should get C4+1) Sky3, Film4, Film4+1. there may be a few others and you will not get BBC local London news if you want it. It will be worth your-while tuning into the non-freesat mode as you can get some more but I have not really taken the time to go through them.

But you will get BBC HD (great for the football) and ITV HD via the red button (also usually good quality picture) if you have an HD TV

There is a chance you will get some of these channels around 7pm at night but they will pixulate and break up.

I would be interested to know if you do get any of these with your 1.2dish.

hope this helps