Freesat and Sky at the same time!

bennylepa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat with twin lnb
My Location
south west england
I have a twin output lnb attached to a sky dish. I have a cable going to my standard sky box in the lounge from the one outout and a cable going to a freesat box in my bedroom from the other.

Both work very well when they are not on at the same time, however when they are both on at the same time I lose a large majority of the channels on both the sky and freesat.

Any ideas?

acezon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 600s, Darkbox 2008,
Liberty FTA reciever, Humax Foxsat HD, Thomson Sky+,
3 fixed dishes, 60cm for 13E + 19E, 80 cm motorised,Zone 1 sky+, BtVision and My 37" baby.
My Location
Exmouth, Devon
are you sure the 2 cables have there on run to the dish and are connected to the own socket on the lnb, i ask because the problem like this could happen when the cable has had a splitter put in it, also ive not heard of a sky dish with a twin output the are normal single or quads, can you confirm?

bennylepa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat with twin lnb
My Location
south west england
I bought the twin output lnb from maplin and ran the new cable myself. There are deffo only the two outlets and no splitters involved. This is why I am so puzzled to the cause of this problem.

bennylepa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat with twin lnb
My Location
south west england
Is it possible that the lnb itself doesn't distribute to the two outputs correctly and acts like more of a splitter than a twin output lnb?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A twin is just that; two independently switched outlets. First thing is to replace the LNb and see. Assume if you have a mini-dish, you could get a quad LNb (4 outlets), ideal if you ever you want to upgrade one of the receivers to a pvr in the future.