FREESAT for BARCELONA

FMCS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat in BCN using amstrad drx100 to astra 2 sat.
My Location
barcelona
hello all

this is my first post and i'm about to go up on my terrace next week and try to set up my freesat thingy:

heres what i got:

Amstrad DRX100 skydigibox
coaxial cable
1.0 Metre dish
cheap finder
compass
tripod pole
instructions to set it up 28.2 degrees east of south
14mm drill and bolts for tripod

here's what i dont have:

an LNB (which one is best? duo, quod , bod , sod?)
a freesat card (i'll get a brother to apply and send it from uk)

if anyone can give me any more advice or tips that would be helpful.. then when i've set it up i'll make my notes/photos available to any in BCN.. deal?

FMCS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The choice of LNB will depend a lot on the dish type, but if it is a bog standard 1m offset dish, then you should get good results from an Invacom, Inverto, Sharp or MTI Blueline LNB.

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
I am just across the water from you and a 1m dish just won't do it if you want to view in the evening, in winter the signal stays for longer, but not much.

triplerotor

Reaction score
Hi
You should be fine with almost any lnb if you have a 1m dish. I am near Tarragona (about 80km SW of BCN on the coast) and have no problems with an 80cm dish, I get all BBC etc with no problems even in rain, I do use a Pace 2600C1 which seems to be the most sensitive receiver but I would imagine that the extra dish area of a 1m is going to get over any reciever sensitivity issues.

For lnbs you should be able to pick up a sharp or MTI in one of the local Satellite shops but I use electonica china online
_http://www.electronica-china.com/
very cheap and great service, I am using the edison 0.2dB lnb (7€ + Vat!)

Set up is easy enough if you are patient but be prepared for a lot of fine tuning to get the BBC channels coming in strong.

All the best

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi triplerotor, can you add the details of your reception and equipment to the Astra 2D dish size survey map please, as we have no info on there for Barcelona at present.:)

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
As 80cm is regarded as OK for Barcelona, you should have no problems with 100cm. The comments from Ibiza don't count for you as you are in a hot spot, unlike the Balearics.
Choose from the following LNB's : Invacom, MTI blue line. The new MTI 0.2 white LNB is OK but not as good as the Blue Line single 0.3 (Not the twin).
Avoid the others recommended by previous posts as I have done some tests recently on these and Sharp LNBs with a newly released Satmeter. The Sharp performed poorly in these tests.
(Results should be posted here soon)