chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Our Freesat Foxsat HDR receiver seems to have suffered a bug after the recent time change. All of our scheduled recordings are now out by 1 hour ? Is this a known bug and is there a fix ? I dont remember this problem when the clocks changed in march.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not one I've heard of Chris, but doesn't surprise me, they're as buggy as hell.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Mine is fine. Did you leave it in stanby on Saturday night?
Buggy as hell? I've had one for a couple of years now, and I can't fault it. And with Raydon's custom firmware, it's very good.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No problem with mine either - Do you leave it in Standby overnight, Chris?

If not - no housekeeping.

The only bug is the pesky Subtitles after Live Pause problem which bounces back on occasion. Otherwise, it's as near perfect as one would wish.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Not sure if it was on standby or not we normally leave on when we go to bed and next morning it's always in standby.

What's Raydons custom firmware ?

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Take a read here. I use it to edit my channel list, and stream recordings to a computer on my home network, useful piece of work.
_http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1661195-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-3-a.html

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah apologies, obviously having a senior moment, was thinking of the Freeview PVRs, although still don't like the Freesat version.:)

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Fair enough, horses for courses, I guess. But as a family friendly satellite receiver/pvr, with some flexibility for the tinkerer, then the modded Foxsat HDR ticks a lot of boxes.
Way more flexible than Sky+HD receivers as long as you don't want subscription channels from Sky, it has a CI slot and diseqc 1.1/1.2 if you want other subscription providers and multisat...halfway between Sky and a generic twin tuner pvr.
As someone who ditched Sky while still analogue, and before the start of OnDigital/DTT, then I may be biased against them, slightly.