Freesat in cyprus

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
If I install Sky UK won't I be able to get all the channels that are on Freeview and Freesat as well?

On which satellite are the Sky UK channels on?

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
they are all on the same satellite possion.
just there is 4 satellites that transmit there.
1 n took 2 d's place and without a card and a box there is not much left for free.
even if you get a sky uk box and a 4 meter dish installed you will not get bbc ch4 ch5 etc.
itv 1 may still be on a encrypted channel.
ralph

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
gdkapoel said:
If I install Sky UK won't I be able to get all the channels that are on Freeview and Freesat as well?

On which satellite are the Sky UK channels on?

No - there are 4 different satellites in use, and Freesat & Sky epg's map to the same channels on the same satellites. A very few of the psb family of channels are still available on the widebeams, but basically all the psb channels are now out of reach via satellite to Cyprus.

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
so basically its game over for me. I am not installing any satellite.

Any other solutions besides filmon.com to watch tv?

Any other website that gives me a uk ip address?

Unhban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
N.W, UK
I think what needs to be basically explained here is that BBC1, 2, ITV, CH4, CH5 etc etc etc! have moved on to the spot beam of Astra 1N. The spot beam just covers the UK, Ireland and a small portion of Northern France. Look at Astra 1N on the Lyngsat site to see which channels you cannot receive (the UK BEAM as they call it):

_http://www.lyngsat.com/astra1n.html

Also look at the following for the coverage of the spot beam:

_http://www.ses.com/4628614/astra-1n

Hope this helps.

Unh.

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
thank you very much everybody for the responses. even with sky I do not get the channels I want so I need to find other solutions.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Unhban said:
...The spot beam just covers the UK, Ireland and a small portion of Northern France. Look at ..._http://www.ses.com/4628614/astra-1n
The beam pattern on SES's site is a highly tailored one to satisfy the programme content makers that their programmes will not be received outside of the UK without great difficulty. In practice for a lot of Europe it is far, far easier to receive 1N's spot beam than the old 2D.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
gdkapoel said:
thank you very much everybody for the responses. even with sky I do not get the channels I want so I need to find other solutions.
Tell me the exact name of the channels you want and I will tell you if we can get them .

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
Zorba said:
Tell me the exact name of the channels you want and I will tell you if we can get them .

Channel 4 (and all the E4, plus one and more 4), Channel 5, ITV (all of them), Dave, Pick TV, all the BBCs.

I would be satisfied with only the above channels for UK TV so it is ridiculous how difficult it is to get them and how much it costs!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The only channels from the PSB services still available to you are detailed in post #1 in this thread:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...ra-1n-heres-where-find-main-psb-channels.html

All require an active Sky card (ftv or subscription) and must be watched through Add Channels / Other Channels. Be aware they will almost certainly disappear for you in the next few weeks & months.

Pick & Dave should be easily available with a sub as they are on the 2A south beam.

Forget the BBC channels - they are no longer available to you via satellite.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
gdkapoel said:
Channel 4 (and all the E4, plus one and more 4), Channel 5, ITV (all of them), Dave, Pick TV, all the BBCs.

I would be satisfied with only the above channels for UK TV so it is ridiculous how difficult it is to get them and how much it costs!

Why is it ridiculous?

These are UK Channels predicated upon UK consumption, with associated Copyright.

Anything you can get is a bonus, not a right.

In our house, we like Channels from Italy and elsewhere and also find obstacles to overcome. Sometimes we surmount them; Sometimes we don't.

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
Tivù said:
Why is it ridiculous?

These are UK Channels predicated upon UK consumption, with associated Copyright.

Anything you can get is a bonus, not a right.

In our house, we like Channels from Italy and elsewhere and also find obstacles to overcome. Sometimes we surmount them; Sometimes we don't.

I did not mean it the way you are implying in your post.

I mean it is ridiculous to how easy and cheap it was to get these channels a couple of months ago...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yeah well satellites come to the end of their lives and new ones take over. Some people win and some lose when there is a change

The east end of the Med was always in the firing line for being restricted out ever since we saw the specs for the new series of birds..

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
gdkapoel said:

We still get CH4, ITV and Pick tv on a freesat card. We get E4 but thats on a pay package. Dave is pay also. For 25 pounds per month you get the entertainment pack which has Sky 1,2 and Atlantic ,watch,gold,living comedy central,fx and all discoveries,nat geo,mtv's eurosports and more. Twice as many channels as myvision or primetel for around the same price. That is if you are willing to pay for it.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Also ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD are available on the north beam as pay channels if you have an HD subscription. I've never watched those channels but I believe sometimes some programmes may not be available on those channels due to rights, but I may be wrong.

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
Zorba said:
We still get CH4, ITV and Pick tv on a freesat card. We get E4 but thats on a pay package. Dave is pay also. For 25 pounds per month you get the entertainment pack which has Sky 1,2 and Atlantic ,watch,gold,living comedy central,fx and all discoveries,nat geo,mtv's eurosports and more. Twice as many channels as myvision or primetel for around the same price. That is if you are willing to pay for it.

So if I install Sky and pay a subscription I will be able to get the above channels you mention?

What size of dish will I need in Nicosia, at the top of an apartment building?

And how much should this installation cost me?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
gdkapoel said:
So if I install Sky and pay a subscription I will be able to get the above channels you mention?

What size of dish will I need in Nicosia, at the top of an apartment building?

And how much should this installation cost me?
How many floors in total and what floor are you on ?

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
Zorba said:
How many floors in total and what floor are you on ?

3 floors and I am on the 1st floor

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
gdkapoel said:
3 floors and I am on the 1st floor
Well,we have pulled them up higher than that ,when its not windy . If you have a flat side to the building with no obstructions like air condition units or balconies then it could be pulled up by rope. Otherwise we would have to hire a fork lift.I might have to pay a visit first unless you can send photo of the building. There is a 3m dish available in Limassol. I will work out a priceand PM you.

gdkapoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat in Cyprus
My Location
Nicosia, Cyprus
please do zorbas!