bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
hi i hope u dont mind me posting this on a hobby forum. i am doing my first freesat install tomorrow and before you ask the dish is being installed first he has not actually got the receiver yet. on the argos flyer there quoting £80 installation. do any one know if this is a fixed price or will they charge more for a non standard install like sly. also are they broadcasting yet as i can not see any info on lygnsat. also scanned 28 * and found nothing.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
To be honest I do not think anyone knows much at all including the people advertising, my understanding of the system is that freesat is already being transmitted, I do not know what else is expected, it is the same stuff that has been FTA for years the only exceptions are the FTV channels Channels 4 and five however I saw a report of Channel five now being transmitted FTA earlier this week using a test number, I'll post the link if I spot it

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, the channels that you would get on Freesat are already there and can be received with any FTA digital satellite receiver. All you get extra with Freesat is the EPG and I presume ease of setup.

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
ok thanks mate

teddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm dh 6800+250 hdd usb,tevion hdd/dvd recorder,tevion upscaler hdmi dvd player,philips 42 plasma hd,.beheringer psudo surround thru hi fi ,..
My Location
ireland
please topper, can you post [c5 fta ] link?cheers,

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
teddie said:
please topper, can you post [c5 fta ] link?cheers,

Cannot just find the post I thought I saw, I did find this though I could have sworn I saw a post giving an extra channel number but perhaps it was CH 4 and I am mistaken. I have to have a slice of humble pie :eek:

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
Are you receiving the signal via astra or eurobird ?

I live in SE Spain and would like to give it a try but not sure if my 1.9 m dish will give me enough signal.

Though I did read on freesat web site that they are supposed to be using eurobird as well.

Is that true ?

Seems to be a lack of information at present

Thanks

Robin..

Snowteck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 m prime focus dish with a simple lnb from lidl and a Pace DS430N with Sky viewing card
My Location
Drammen, Norway
The following quote is from - _www.astra2d.com/freesat.htm

"Freesat broadcasts from the same fleet of satellites as Sky Digital, Astra 2A, Astra 2B, Asytra 2C, Astra 2D and Eurobird 1. Channels are broadcast using DVB-S. The Freesat programme guide will be broadcast from the Eurobird 1 satellite situated at 28.5° east."

I think that freesat reception on Eurobird will be possible because it has a good footprint in Spain / Canaries

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You'll get the EPG, but the channels, or at least a lot of the important ones, will be on Astra 2D, so you will need a large dish to correspond with your location.

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
How big a dish ?

Also is there likely to be any special hidden installers menu like in a skybox to change transponder frequency ?

thanks

Robin..