Freesat PIN Code

MPlb

Reaction score
I have been using a Sky Freesat card over here in France for over a year now and it's been just fine.

However, I was just flicking through the channels and landed on Channel 5 where a dreadful Steven Segal film was just starting. I decided to see how laughable it was but after less than a minute I was prompted for a PIN code.

I've never seen or been prompted this for before and was not given a PIN code (as far as I know) with the card when I bought it.

The card is registered in my Dads name at his UK address.

Any ideas what I need to do to get hold of a PIN and will the box need to be connected to the telephone line?

I was also wondering why C5 has started to prompt for PINs? Will the other FTA channels (BBC, ITV, C4 etc) start doing this soon?

TIA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try the last four digits of the card.

It will do it on any film rated over a certain level. You can switch it off in the menus if the last four digits works.

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
You Dont need to be connected to a telephone line,and the pin no. is the last four numbers of the FIRST card used in that box.If you dont know the history of the box,you will need to ring Sky up to arrange another pin.Its an OFCOM/SKY move implimented about 9 months ago.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
MPlb said:
I have been using a Sky Freesat card over here in France for over a year now and it's been just fine.

However, I was just flicking through the channels and landed on Channel 5 where a dreadful Steven Segal film was just starting. I decided to see how laughable it was but after less than a minute I was prompted for a PIN code.

I've never seen or been prompted this for before and was not given a PIN code (as far as I know) with the card when I bought it.

The card is registered in my Dads name at his UK address.

Any ideas what I need to do to get hold of a PIN and will the box need to be connected to the telephone line?

I was also wondering why C5 has started to prompt for PINs? Will the other FTA channels (BBC, ITV, C4 etc) start doing this soon?

TIA

Experienced the same (sic). The prompt lasted about five seconds and then normal service resumed (just I was wondering what the hell was going on).

The continuity guy stated before the film (in five fashion) "suitable for adults only" :eek: