vt_perplexed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Communal Sky Dish
New Build Apartment (1997)
Central London
My Location
London
Hi guys, I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the web and hope you can help:

Problem:
I can only receive the channels listed as coming from Astra 2A at 28.2°E but not the others in the group (e.g. Eurobird 1 & Astra 2B/2C/2D).

i.e. I can only get some channels but not those on Astra 2D like BBC HD, BBC1, ITV etc..

Some background info:
> I live in a central London flat and use a communal Sky dish (I guess it must be pointing at 28E since I can receive Astra 2A - If these channels are available from another satellite maybe I'm wrong).

> I use the new Humax Freesat HD receiver (FoxSat-HD)

> Freesat tuning did not work, I only found the channels from Astra 2A by performing a full scan in the manual tuning options.

> Software updates do not work (presumably because I can't access Eurobird 1)

> Postcode search always turns up as Postcode Invalid (presumably because I can't access Eurobird 1)

>The channels I can receive are all those listed on this page: http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2a.html (i.e. the Sky channels and the Welsh freesat channels like S4C)

Any advice/insights or guesses would be greatly appreciated ! Many thanks in advance.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

I would first test your Foxsat receiver on another stand alone dish

Also ask others who share the communal dish if they are receiving ALL channels inc BBC & ITV which are on LOW band 2D

Freesat EPG is on E1

SM :)

fevgatos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NanoXX 9600 IP,TM-6900 HD,Virgin Media V box,Diablo cam h/r 2,3,Irdeto 2,Matrix Reloaeed,Cas I nterface 2+Plus, 2 Funcard 4,Satlook Digital NIT,Lacuna broadcast identification,1 m Dish Orbital 1.0m, Lnb Syntec 2;Thousand platinum edition,sat instal,,
My Location
BRISTOL.UK
Hi vt_perplexed first you should check you quality signal ,and if your signal is the best quality then you locking on 28.2°E ,and do search again turn on network search ,i thing all channels you can get after ,Regards fevgatos

vt_perplexed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Communal Sky Dish
Central London
My Location
London
Thanks guys.

1. The Receiver is working fine
2. I have not yet been able to find anyone else in the block who is using satellite.
3. I'll check the quality tonight - and will let you all know how it goes...

vt_perplexed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Communal Sky Dish
Central London
My Location
London
Hi all - it has taken 1 year but the problem is now resolved. The issue was with the shared hardware (satellite dish and equipment) for the entire block of flats. It was faulty/poorly configured. We have just had a company install new equipment and everyone in the block of flats now has great reception. Best regards.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs that took some time, but glad you've got it sorted at last.:)