Freesat reception driving me crazy

barambulli

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clone DM800HD
My Location
Gjakove
Hi, to all. This is my first post here so forgive me if this is the wrong section. Admins, feel free to move this post to a more appropriate section.

To my problem.
I live in London and have a Sky minidish with a sky Quad LNB that I have purchased recently from Amazon.co.uk. Also I have a clone Dreambox 500 conected to this setup which I am using this to watch Freesat.
My SNR shows 91%, AGC 90% and Ber 0%, which I would think makes for a pretty strong reception. However, I get those horrible horizontal black lines made of cubes (I don' know their techical name) quite often, even in a good weather. This ruins the whole experience for me.

Can somebody help me with fixing this problem?

Is the dish too small, or is the LNB not good enough, or is it maybe the receiver?

As far as dish alignment is concerned I have used a dish meter and I can't get a higher reading than the one I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Firstly please confirm you are in London - your profile puts you in Kosovo! If you are in london then please correct your profile - its important for technical questions

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

barambulli

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clone DM800HD
My Location
Gjakove
Analoguesat said:
Firstly please confirm you are in London - your profile puts you in Kosovo! If you are in london then please correct your profile - its important for technical questions

Very odd. I will correct it immediately.

barambulli

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clone DM800HD
My Location
Gjakove
I just noticed something else.
When I use Ngrab, the recording is flawless, even though the live show was not. :confused:confused
Also while watching, appart from pixelation, the audio is not very clear, but in the recordings, it is fine. :confused:confused

Anybody else experienced this?