freesat remote netflix button does not work

keithtwine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat 4 set top box
My Location
cardiff uk
when I select netflix button message says “ application opening failed” at bottom of screen says subsription channel.I have anetflix account and if I select it on my Lg tv remote no problems

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
when I select netflix button message says “ application opening failed” at bottom of screen says subsription channel.I have anetflix account and if I select it on my Lg tv remote no problems
Hi Keith welcome to the forum, with all due respect, what Freesat unit are you selecting Netflix on, your post is unclear? I was not aware you could program a freesat remote to perform TV only functions or is this a case of you need to put the Netflix account details into the Freesat unit (whichever it is)?

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is the Netflix app still supported on the Freesat box? Its quite possible its been discontinued - many tvs & receivers are having apps removed as the devices dont have high enough specs for the new demands of the service.

keithtwine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat 4 set top box
My Location
cardiff uk
the freesat remote netflix button does not work all others do.The lg tv remote also has a netflix button that does work

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Topper asked what Freesat unit you have, i.e. make and model.

keithtwine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat 4 set top box
My Location
cardiff uk
Arris uhd 4x 500

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Is the box connected to the internet? Do other catchup/streaming services work on the box? The Netflix button the the TV remote will open the television's own Netflix app.

keithtwine

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat 4 set top box
My Location
cardiff uk
yes connected to internet all other buttons work fine.I have noticed many other people have same problem but up to now no solution has been found.Seems I am destined to using the tv remote purely to access netflix.

silver555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat 4K
My Location
UK
yes connected to internet all other buttons work fine.I have noticed many other people have same problem but up to now no solution has been found.Seems I am destined to using the tv remote purely to access netflix.
Same message with the Netflix button (application opening failed) on my mates new 4K Freesat box from argos only bought today.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Always check the operating manual, and carry out an internet search, for the device you're using, as you might find other owners, experiencing the same problems, and having solutions.

silver555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat 4K
My Location
UK
Always check the operating manual, and carry out an internet search, for the device you're using, as you might find other owners, experiencing the same problems, and having solutions.
That's what I did and it led me here. Just thought a solution would have been found given the age of the first posts.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
can you not access Netflix via a MAIN MENU instead - these buttons are just shortcuts, you must be able to select it manually from a menu

silver555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat 4K
My Location
UK
No option in settings,you can see the apps in the app/demand section but launching from there results is the same message.
Tried long pressing the app but same result.
Only solution i can find is to reset the box but mate is just going to use the TV netflix button.
Maybe the box will update at some point and sort itself out.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
So it's not the button then. It's a software issue . Reset to factory and try again.
Try updating to latest firmware and try again. If not . It may come in time as u say

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
This is an odd issue. I've seen some people say it works fine for them. One suggestion from Freesat was to change the box's video settings to 1080p :-doh

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Netflix link inferring it is a wide ranging issue.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you look at the reviews of Arris boxes on Amazon, Netflix not working is a common issue. Ergo its a software issue.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK