Freesat update - goodmans hd fault

JIMWET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans Freesat HD
My Location
England
yes the old analogy, suck n see seems to be the way forward i think!!!!!!

i wonder if they have learnt their lesson at all, test their updates before full over air release! Instead of forking out for carriage and engineering for FOC repairs!!!

doubt it!

hey ho such is life!!!

MUPPETS!
:-rofl2

compWhizz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans HD Freesat
My Location
Kent
I'm not sure mine has been fixed as I switched it on this morning to find no channels, did a first time install and then the sound went after a few minutes and it kept switching itself on and off.

I'll give them another week or two and if it's not fixed, I'll return the box.

Has anyone else simply lost all their channels?

Also my box keeps overheating. Is there any way they can fix that issue or is the box screwed anyway?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
When you say "I'm not sure mine has been fixed", has it already been back to Harvard, or are you expecting On Air magic??

I suspect the latter!

The overheating is caused by the Processor being hyperactive.

Given what you've said, and all that has gone before, your box is unlikely to respond to any further OTA Download.

Strongly recommend you ring the number given in the Harvard Press Release Posted up the page and get your box collected asap.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It seems that at least some people are getting brand new replacement boxes couriered to them after returning faulty units to Harvard.

And they are now fully complying with their obligations by providing an HDMI cable instead of a SCART cable.

JIMWET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans Freesat HD
My Location
England
well to repeat your words Gordon,

i had mine collected by Harvard 2 days ago and today as they promised i have a new box in my hands, complete with HDMI cable instead of SCART

happy days, i hope this issue doesnt happen again!

:)

JIM

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well that seems a decent result for you - I can't imagine how much this farrago will end up costing Harvard.

JIMWET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans Freesat HD
My Location
England
ooooooo a couple o quid i'd say

next time they do an update i bet they think twice before transmitting the blighter!!!

:-doh2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Allegedly.

On Air from Tuesday 17 November.

Popcorn and Ice Cream Tubs extra.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Don't forget: New Software supposed to be available from noon today - BUT now publicised as "Provisional", so affected punters may have to exercise a little more patience.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
New Version 1.8.1 now available for OTA to upgrade the nasty version 1.7.48

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
useless goodmans freesat receiver after upgrade, no co-operation whatsoever from Harvard
My Location
morayshire
I have been following this post but not as a member until now because I have a Goodmans Freesat box that went haywire after the upgrade. I followed advice from here and spent about thirty minutes PAYING to get THIER problem sorted. Was told someone from Harvard would get in touch, no-ne did, so emailed them. once again advised to use thier help line no. Once more I emailed them but have heard nothing back whatsoever. Just looked around the house and discovered that alot of my 'electricals' are Goodmans so when they pack in rest assured Harvard/Goodmans will NOT be getting another 3 to 4 grand out of me!!! and no I wont tell you my address!!)(-red)(-red

compWhizz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans HD Freesat
My Location
Kent
I'm glad to have my box fixed and a fully working one, I now am just trying to find the frequency numbers for the non freesat channels. Anyone know which ones to use which the Goodmans freesat box accepts?

compWhizz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goodmans HD Freesat
My Location
Kent
I'm glad to have my box fixed and a fully working one, I now am just trying to find the frequency numbers for the non freesat channels. Anyone know which ones to use which the Goodmans freesat box accepts?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
compWhizz said:

Same as any other box, I imagine!

_http://www.flysat.com/28east.php :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
compWhizz said:

Same as any other box, I imagine!

_http://www.flysat.com/28east.php :)

pandashoe

Reaction score
is this problem solved now as ive still not got a HD box & the Bush Black Freesat HD Digital Box stilllooks good value

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
useless goodmans freesat receiver after upgrade, no co-operation whatsoever from Harvard
My Location
morayshire
Over three months now and I still have a dead Goodmans freesat box and they dont even have the decency to answer my emails and I refuse to call their premium rate helpline number again. Have been out and bought a Humax with 320gb disc for �250. I know where I would like to put the old box and I will never buy any Goodmans product again.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
ray bloomfield said:
Over three months now and I still have a dead Goodmans freesat box and they dont even have the decency to answer my emails and I refuse to call their premium rate helpline number again. Have been out and bought a Humax with 320gb disc for �250. I know where I would like to put the old box and I will never buy any Goodmans product again.

If you still have the box receipt (and an itemised phone bill confirming previous calls made), then you should have a worthwhile claim via the Financial Ombudsman Services.

naggedtodeath

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fressat
My Location
Cheshire
Joined Freesat last August through the Government Help Scheme.
Now had 7 months of hell with my Goodmans boxes (now on my 3rd) ALL OF THEM have just lost the signal many times a day. Software version is V1.5.1 on my box and it will not update.
I have been told that they only deal with Goodmans boxes when I asked them to change it to a Humax
Yesterday got so fed up with not getting any replies from Goodmans, The Help Scheme etc. that I have arranged for the Help Scheme to come and take my Goodmans box away on Friday and don't bother replacing it. Have been promised a refund once they have the equipment then I will be able to go and buy my own make of box.
Any ideas on what the best box to buy is? And don't say Goodmans

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Have you had the dish checked ?

The faults you describe suggest you have a faulty LNB, misaligned dish, or something in the way.