freeview on your pc

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
is it possible to watch digital tv on your pc? i suppose you cant get sky but would it be possible to get the other freeview channels?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get anything which is free to air, by using a Skystar2 or similar, but for anything on 28.2, even ITV etc, you need a Digibox and FTV card.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello D

Do you mean terrestrial Freeview?

If you do then there are cards available for this as well.

Can't remember the name just now, but i'm sure someone will pop in with the answer.

Regards

W. Hole

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes via an aerial rather than a dish. im assuming if you use a dish pointed at 28.8 you wont get itv ch4 or ch5 but if you watch via an aerial you will

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Doggy, didn't realise that you meant terrestrial digital, I'll move this to that section. Technisat do a PCI card called the AirStar, superb little unit, you can get it from SatEuropa by following the link at the top of the forum.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im really just exploring my options rolf. ive got coax coming into my pc just now for a tv card i was just wondering about upgrading

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you've had your existing one for more than a couple of months Doggy, then it must be time to upgrade. :) That's the criteria I work on. ;)

mark0

Reaction score
check out the sites below, - of the hauppauge products i can only recommend the DEC2000-T which is a set top box and can playback your recordings on TV as well as being an external (USB1.1/2.0)PC card. (the DEC1000 is not recommended - USB1.0 only)

The Digiview card from Nebula does not function as a set top box but is well supported (great review on TV-Cards.com) and they are currently developing a module for TopUpTV cards to function.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/prod_digital-t.html
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/
a comparison forum here
http://www.decforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=223&highlight=nebula

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Mark

Looks like a godd option, but can you understand one of the requirements listed:

*Digital satellite antenna

Is this a missprint?

Regards

W. Hole

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I have to say that I wouldn't recommend the hauppauge USB unit, had real problems with a couple of them where they required ridiculous levels of signal to avoid pixellation. Was not impressed at all.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
I have to say that I wouldn't recommend the hauppauge USB unit, had real problems with a couple of them where they required ridiculous levels of signal to avoid pixellation. Was not impressed at all.
Ditto...I tested two from a place I was working at last year and ended up dumping them.

Allen1066

Reaction score
Are there any DVB-T cards that can handle interactive services on Freeview ? This is more likely a function of the software, so is there anything else that can be done to get this feature ?

Allen