French Channels

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 2 60cm dish,Technomate 7750 2VA 2CI,Sky digibox & Zone1 dish.
My Location
uk
I have just taken delivery of a Technomate 7755 2va 2ci,I am looking to recieve french national channels only, I have a 60 CM zone2 dish. any advice as to which is the best satellite to point at to get these channels for free ?

Scuttya

cableman

Reaction score
scuttya said:
I have just taken delivery of a Technomate 7755 2va 2ci,I am looking to recieve french national channels only, I have a 60 CM zone2 dish. any advice as to which is the best satellite to point at to get these channels for free ?

Scuttya
France 2,3,4 and 5 and Arte are Free to air on Atlantic bird3 (5 degrees west). 11590 Mhz Vertical, S.R. 20000 FEC 2/3.
I think a 60cm Zone 2 Sky dish might be fine in South East UK. I have not tried this myself as TPS has always been good in the past. Now I think I'll give it a go!

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
I did a search of Atlantic bird, France2/3/4/5 all came up,but when I went to the channel it asked to insert card,I am wondering if these were the SECAM channels and my dish is simply not picking up the rest of the FTA channels.

Scuttya

cableman said:
France 2,3,4 and 5 and Arte are Free to air on Atlantic bird3 (5 degrees west). 11590 Mhz Vertical, S.R. 20000 FEC 2/3.
I think a 60cm Zone 2 Sky dish might be fine in South East UK. I have not tried this myself as TPS has always been good in the past. Now I think I'll give it a go!

smante1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 Ci, DreamBox 500S, 1.2 M SatChaser dish, Jaeger 18inch Actuator, PowerCam-Pro, Dragon Cam 4.1
My Location
hounslow, london
Hotbird @ 13 degrees East has always been my prefered choice for French channels

alala

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satelite dish 100cm, receiver hss-850ci
My Location
Vienna Austria
scuttya said:

Scuttya
Hi! Hotbird, Astra 19 r the 2 satellites where you can find French TV channels but most of them r pay channels. The only free are TV5 Monde, Arte (French), RTBF (Belgium), Fmen (Fashion $ men), Fashion Channel, BFM (News 24/7) and that's about it. 4 the others you will need a pay a subcription at Canalsat or TPS.
Have fun

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Is there a way around the need for cards? If not where could I get a card from? My receiver is patchable and has CI & Via slots, could I add something here? I only want to recieve what are supposed to be FTA channels according to Lyngsat. Could I get the channels with an anolouge Reciever without cards?

Scuttya

alala said:
Hi! Hotbird, Astra 19 r the 2 satellites where you can find French TV channels but most of them r pay channels. The only free are TV5 Monde, Arte (French), RTBF (Belgium), Fmen (Fashion $ men), Fashion Channel, BFM (News 24/7) and that's about it. 4 the others you will need a pay a subcription at Canalsat or TPS.
Have fun

cableman

Reaction score
scuttya said:
I did a search of Atlantic bird, France2/3/4/5 all came up,but when I went to the channel it asked to insert card,I am wondering if these were the SECAM channels and my dish is simply not picking up the rest of the FTA channels.

Scuttya
Well I did a search of Atlantic Bird, 5 degrees west, this afternoon with my NB501 receiver and with a 60 cm dish, here in Essex uk and I got a very good signal and perfect picture. I Got france 2,3,4 and 5 and Arte and LCP.
I needed no card or anything. You are right that there are some Secam encrypted channels but the ones I refer to here are definately Free. You can check this for yourself on Kingofsat or Lyngsat.That is, 11591 Vertical 20000. Good luck.

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Thanks for that, I am in Cambridgeshire,live down a little bit of a "hill", but get Astra,hotbird ok, so 60 cm zone2 should be ok.
I only have 1 dish (Non motorised- yet!!),so direction adjustment are time consuming as we still rely on Sky.
Any ideas on a cheap motorised unit to save me getting a ladder out every time ?? maplin sell one for £49.00,not sure how good it is though.

I will try to put the figures you quote manually into the receiver the next time I try,thanks for your help on this one,I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers and regards

Scuttya

cableman said:
Well I did a search of Atlantic Bird, 5 degrees west, this afternoon with my NB501 receiver and with a 60 cm dish, here in Essex uk and I got a very good signal and perfect picture. I Got france 2,3,4 and 5 and Arte and LCP.
I needed no card or anything. You are right that there are some Secam encrypted channels but the ones I refer to here are definately Free. You can check this for yourself on Kingofsat or Lyngsat.That is, 11591 Vertical 20000. Good luck.

cableman

Reaction score
I don't have a motorized system either. Would be worth asking in the 'Dish set-up, multi-sat and Motorized systems' forum here, regarding motors.

I am sure that you should get a good strong signal with a zone2 dish as in the sat magazine I often flick through in a well known high-street shop, the dish size is specified as 45/60cm in southern uk. In fact I get good results with a Raven zone2 60 cm on Hispasat here in Essex, and the Hispasat signal is certainly weeker than the signal I was getting on Atlantic bird. (I got strength 78% and quality 100% with a BER 15.00, according the the display on my NB501.) Anyway good luck with your channel search.

nilefish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500 S,Strong 4622, Viasat Denmark card and receiver, Moteck 2100 Motor, Triax1.1 dish, infinty programmer, cas interface2.
My Location
South London
I have Moteck 2100 motor it's coast £47 on ebay .it works very fine with my Triax 1.1 try this link
Moteck-SG2100A-Diseqc

scuttya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
I have a metronic motor system now, just having problems setting the dish up, any hints or tips? I seem to only be able to get Astra 19 !!!
Also ,where can I get patches for my reciever 7750 2VA 2CI ?
?

scuttya

nilefish said:
I have Moteck 2100 motor it's coast £47 on ebay .it works very fine with my Triax 1.1 try this link
Moteck-SG2100A-Diseqc

zibi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500 Dapci,
TM-5000 Remote control.
Pach to next 7500
90 cm,Motorized dish, SG2100 Motor
Nokia Analogue Receiver
Sky box
My Location
Bucks UK
Hi guys
If you want to get the main French channels for free without cards (TF1, France2,3,4,5 & M6) you can get an old Analogue Sky receiver. You will have to tune to 5w and with the proper frequency you should be sorted.
Hope this help...

jowanmeho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satelite
My Location
England, London
:-rofl2 can i have key 4 tps