french FTA digital?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
so, does one read from this that the channels will be FTA on digital, or just that AB3 will deliver the muxes for DTT transmitters in france as of sept 2005?

_http://www.eutelsat.com/news/compress/en/2005/pdf/pr0505.pdf

-cts

eghamhigh

My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
I think it means that from 31 March all 14 FTA channels will be available digital on 5W for the 35% of the population that currently receive analogue. From Sept a full range of services are available (ie other transmissions from other providers not necessarily fTA)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't really say, but at least the main ones are on there now in digital. :)

My Satellite Setup
Old Analogue at present, looking for advice on what to get.
Hi there,
Sounds like you might be able to help me with a question I have.

I only have an old analogue FTA system that I bought from Lidl and have heard that all TV broadcasts in France will be digital by 2007. I assume that this includes the analogue broadcast on Atlantic Bird.
Will I still be able to free access to French TV via a cheap digital alternative and Will have to buy a cam and either a TPS or Canal card. There is a shop on the net selling the cards from £195.00 but this sounds very expensive.
Cheers,
Jac