French TV using 90 cm dish?

benjamimedy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter dish humax fozsat freesat box
My Location
Portugal
Hi does anyone know of a site that shows the most popular sattelites for different language channels, for example I may need to install French, German TV etc and would like to know ich sattelites are the most popular. I have found out the hard way that russian channels are on hotbird 13 E and ukrainian on sirus but this is too labour intensive for me!! Lyngsat is useful but it takes too long to work out which sattelite the main channels are on. Basically does anyone know if there a site where you can go for all info, dish size needed, what sattelites for most popular german, french etc channels.

Also pretty much all the dishes around here in the algarve are 90 cm, if i was to use the same 90 cm dish to recive french channels on Eutelsat 5 West would it cause a problem reception wise as it seems the reccomended dish size for Eutelsat 5 West here is only 70 cm, would I be picking up too much noise in the signal?

Many thanks for any replies.

Benjamin

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The vast majority of satellites systems round here use 19East for French TV.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Using a 90cm dish should cause you no issues at all.

As for "popular", that is somewhat subjective: If you find Lyngsat unwieldy, have a look at Flysat and/or KingofSat.

I generally use Flysat myself, but they tend to contain much the same info anyway.

You can get listings by Language, by Satellite, by Package etc.

Flysat also has a set of tables about Dish size vs EIRP ................ you get the EIRP from clicking on the Satellite Beam links and then comparing the Footprint Contours with your Location.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Lyngsat has the 'Free TV' section which lists everything on a by country basis.