french tv

tom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Europsat Satellite Dish, Optex numeric receiver, Technical Tv.
My Location
Vendee, France
Hi all,
I have a problem setting up a french tv with a numerique receiver. I have a europsat 80 cm dish, optex receiver and french tv. I get a strong signal using a sat finder but only picking up Sky tv:mad:.
I want french tv, not english, does anyone know if it's Astra I need? Do I need to change anything on the TV or receiver to get french tv please?
Any advice appreciated.
Tom

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

Most French channels are on 13E. Sky is on 28.2E and Sky Italia is on 13E.

lyngsat.com will show you the channels available on 13E (France 2 - 5 would be good ones to try to find).

I don't know your receiver so you will probably need to rescan the channels when you find 13E.

tom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Europsat Satellite Dish, Optex numeric receiver, Technical Tv.
My Location
Vendee, France
Thanks for the welcome and reply! I will move to satellite tomorrow if the wind and rain stops:-rofl2
Is that a photo of Peter Osgood? He was my hero!!!
Cheers
Tom

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably more free to air French TV on 5° West, so the dish would need to be moved 33° to the West. Plus you can subscribe to the Bis TV package there for a very small amount per month.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes that is Peter, had the good fortune to get to know him some 15 years ago, what a lovely guy he was. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Osgood wasgood..:)

dandnsmith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm offset dish with triax receiver linked to TV,
and also Humax FoxSat-HD
My Location
Berks, UK
Only just seen this posting, having been in Spain, where I was getting French stations from astra1 using a Iotronic terminal numerique receiver set to receive FTA, with the display language set to english.