Friend in Ondara Costa Blanca may need help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have a friend who is shortly moving to Ondara about 50 kilometres North of Benidorm along the coast.

I,ve done a bit of checking and it looks like he will need a 2.4m dish for Astra 2D, can someone confirm this please and perhaps give some information as to where he can get a suitable dish. :)

I have found a company in Alicante who supply and install 2.4m dishes, but would be interested to receive some local recommendations.

Thanks

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Your friend may get away with a 1.8m ChannelMaster, as Ondara is on the northern end of the Costa Blanca. A distance of only 20km in Spain can make a difference to the Astra 2D signal.
Make sure the friend does not get a steel petallised dish, as there are many cowboy installers about. An offset 2.4m would guarantee good reception if it is installed properly.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks snap, the 2.4m dish I've seen is a solid prime focus dish, the guy is enroute at the moment so will keep in touch with him.:)

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
You will be able to buy a 1.9m or 2.4m prime focus from Digital Satellite in Finestrat just outside Benidorm, Normal dish for that area is a 1.9m Portuguese solid. which should cost no more than 650€ installed complete with feedhorn lnb and cable. You may have some trouble with CH4 in the late afternoons, and some of the Movie channels on that size dish though. A 2.4m will cost around 800€ installed. Dont know the purchase price of dish supply only