fringe reception BBC/ITV

newboy1192

My Location
pj::
I have some satellite knowledge, but obviously not enough: I live in southern europe and have a 1.8 channel master. I have tried various LNB's on my dish and found the best signal I can. Now the trickey bit.

I have rotated the lnb 90 degrees, which improves the signal strength for the channels i'm looking for. On a panasonic digi box I have added ITV and BBC, but where they are Vertical i have had to change them to Horizontal and visa versa. This has allowed me to add them into other channels, but when i try to select these, from other channels, i get the 'no signal? message. any ideas?

Zorba

aka Skyman
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
But itv and bbc are horizontal channels already.Do your sky news and itv news work?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should be no advantage at all in twisting the LNb a full 90 degrees, unless there is something wrong with one of the polarities.

Adjusting Skew should help though.

Zorba

aka Skyman
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So you need a new lnb.