frustrated

G

george301054

can anyone programm a gold card for viaaccess for me will send card or if anyone has time tell how to do it simply as its my first attempt and i cant get it to work

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I suggest you write here the steps you took and the reason you think it has not worked. We can advise then where we think it has gone wrong.
I would not encourage anyone to send programmed cards to people they do not know well, for obvious reasons.

2old

G

george301054

here is what i have done
I am using vx mini
I have tried to load wallbanger into the eeprom using win phoenix loader and without loader no success
Then i tried to load barracuda VF84
ie Barracuda EE bin into the eeprom and Barracuda V10 2 Pic. hex into the pic using loader and without no joy
Error messages ie Loader failed
or EEpro verify failure
I have tried two diff wafer cards 16F84 24C16
and 16F84 24lc64
This is my first frustrating attempt at programming after using cards d2mac cards i have updated thro my churchill d2mac for over 20 years
I wolud really like to be able to D-I-Y it butI am frustrated and cant see what I am doing wrong
Please help

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I don't know rhe vx-mini, but is it one with a built-in loader?Don't forget that you can only access the eeprom on a wafer card by using the through-PIC method - i.e. by first programming the PIC with a special loader program. See the wafer How-to/FAQ in the smartcards forum for more details.
Some programmers do this automatically (i.e. when you execute the "program eeprom" function, the device itself automatically starts off by placing a loader in the pic. But most programmers DON'T do this - you have to do it by hand.

Also bear in mind that not all loaders work with all devices. And there are so many different varieties/versions of loader. I've picked up some 40 different ones from the various hex/bin filesets distributed over the years, and less than half of them work with my particular pc/programmer. It's a case of trial and error, and when you get one that works 100% - SAVE IT and always use it in the future in preference to any loader distributed with the actual files you are programming. The same loader can be used for all encryption systems - so you don't need a distinct Irdeto loader and a distinct Mediaguard loader (or whatever).

You say you loaded wallbanger onto the eeprom. What do you mean? Wallbanger is a smartcard emulator that runs on a PC, not a thing you load onto wafers.

The 24LC16 and 24C16 chips are functioanlly the same. The "L" notation indicates low-power-consumption. Files that are ok for one are ok for the other.

Does this help?

2old