• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FTA card

howard

Ok, so I've got the signal locked and put in a FTV card. It's been in for 24 hours but when I try to select a channel it says 'searching for listings' then it switches itself off..
any ideas ?
cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
If you haven't already done it Howard, try a forced update. You can do this by switching off the box at the mains and then switching back on whilst pressing tha backup button on the box. Keep the backup button pressed until the cycle starts, this will be indicated by all of the lights flashing on, if you have a scart connection, a notice will comeup on the TV screen.

If this solves the switching off problem, then the card should work, providing you've had it initialised.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools just so you don't have to
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South East
If this is a BBC FTV card then you will have to store the channel manually (at least on the receivers Ive had to deal with)

Pull the frequencies off Lyngsat.com

ProDave

My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
>If this is a BBC FTV card then you will have to store the
>channel manually (at least on the receivers Ive had to deal
>with)
>
>Pull the frequencies off Lyngsat.com

No you shouldn't need to do that. All channels should be in their normal place in the EPG.

Have you phoned the FTV number to have your card aurhorised and married to the box?

If that still doesn't work, try a "new installation" from the hidden installers menu.

ProDave

My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
Press Services then 4 then 0 then 1 then Select