FTA card

howard

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got the signal locked and put in a FTV card. It's been in for 24 hours but when I try to select a channel it says 'searching for listings' then it switches itself off..
any ideas ?
cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you haven't already done it Howard, try a forced update. You can do this by switching off the box at the mains and then switching back on whilst pressing tha backup button on the box. Keep the backup button pressed until the cycle starts, this will be indicated by all of the lights flashing on, if you have a scart connection, a notice will comeup on the TV screen.

If this solves the switching off problem, then the card should work, providing you've had it initialised.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If this is a BBC FTV card then you will have to store the channel manually (at least on the receivers Ive had to deal with)

Pull the frequencies off Lyngsat.com

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
>If this is a BBC FTV card then you will have to store the
>channel manually (at least on the receivers Ive had to deal
>with)
>
>Pull the frequencies off Lyngsat.com

No you shouldn't need to do that. All channels should be in their normal place in the EPG.

Have you phoned the FTV number to have your card aurhorised and married to the box?

If that still doesn't work, try a "new installation" from the hidden installers menu.

howard

Reaction score
thanks 2 all..
btw how do I get 2 the installers menu ?
cheers

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
Press Services then 4 then 0 then 1 then Select