FTV card and new digibox

M

mordzy

Hi there.

I have bought a second hand sony digibox and an active yellow house sky card off ebay. the problem i have is that the card and box dont go together. so when i go to a channel that requires a card i.e. ITV2 it says the card is not for this box replace with correct card or call sky. problem is should i call sky? the card wont be for my address and i dont have a subscription.

i did here someone say that you dont get ITV2 on FTV anyway. and another puzzle.... there is no ITV Channel4 and 5 in the list.. do i need to add thies? if so how.

Thanks for you help and advice.

Alex

PoloMint

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yes you won’t get ITV2 on a FTV card anyway so there is no point in calling Sky, but the other channels (ITV/Ch4+5) should work in any digibox.

Leave the card in the box for a while and see if the channels appear on the EPG (it can take up to a day for the card to reactivate itself if it has been out of a box for a while).
If that doesn’t work, or you don’t want to wait, try a new installation. Press Services then 4 0 1 Select in quick succession and select new installation.

M

mordzy

thankyou mate. very helpfull. will let you know if it works