Full Signal,60-70% qual.No piccy !

outoforbit

Reaction score
:confused Hello to all..my first post !.I need help !
I was given a Grundig Skydigibox , dish and the original Viewing card.(I do not have a viewing card/subscription of my own as yet)(I am in the UK just North Of London).
The Dish I have fitted to the wall,then a signal meter was used to align the dish and after reconnecting the LNB to the Digibox went to the "Setup/signal test" menu and looked at the indications .They were Full signal strength,also upwards to 70% signal quality.
Lock Indicator says OK .Network ID says 0002 and Transport Stream says 07d4.
I switched off all power to the Digibox and the switched it back on after about 2 mins.(I found that the Set Up/signal test page indications were the same)
On the program / channel listings page I get all the program details/schedule.The clock is running tells the correct time.
How ever when I select to view a channel for example BBC1 the screen says "No Signal Received"?.plus of course no picture .
What could cause this ?
I would be grateful if anyone can help !

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Will move this to the Sky Digital section for you, can you receive any of the channels, Sky news for example?

Grundigs are notorious for power supply problems, this may be what is causing the problem, you can get a new one from mces.co.uk for less than £20 if this is the case, try another box on your dish just to make sure.

outoforbit

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Rolf !.
I must confess I did not try "Sky News" .I will try this and get back with the results !.
I have been reading with great interest all the forums and certainly the power supply seems to crop up quite a bit.
Ok off to play with the satbox & Dish.
Post later !

outoforbit

Reaction score
Relief:cool: !.
After all that it was all Finger trouble to be exaCT !.O-Ha

Everthing Ihad done to install the system was correct except I should have removed the old Viewing Card!.

Once the card was removed and the Digibox rebooted all channels that should have been available to view appeared.

We are now enjoying the use of the system !.

Now to sort the new card !

Thanks for you help Rolf.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, it's sometimes the smallest of things which can cause the biggest problems. :)

Good luck with the new card. :)