funcard 7 probs

ginger

Reaction score
hello there
i was wondering if anyone can help with my funcard 7when i put in my funcard 7. when i put it in the loader (infinity) a message comes up saying the cpu detected is on multiple different cards and that detection is needed. i press detect and it scans some stuff and then comes up with funcard 7. However i have no fun files in flash for memory or the eeproms. do i need to download these from somewhere else or am i aoding something latantly wrong. any help would be brilliant.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ginger,
are you trying to load Predator 304 for your Dragon Cam? The Fun card 7(PrussianCard5) is mainly used for this, if so you load FUN7LDR.HEX into the flash and predator304.bin into the Ext. EEprom1, and you are then asked to split the file for the Dragon, option 2, then you write.
If you're not using it for the Dragon please post back with which files you're trying to load.
Best wishes
Mickha

ginger

Reaction score
cheers for the reply. i am still confused with regards my funcard. i did an autodetect when i first put the card in to my loader. would this do it any harm?

ginger

Reaction score
hello again. feel like a bit of a dick asking this but how do you obtain predator304.bin?

ginger

Reaction score
i have the file downloade on my computer but cant seem to open on the loader

ginger

Reaction score
hello me again. i have put the predator304bin file in the externall ee prom and the Fun7ldr.hex file in the flash but nothing comes up regarding options. any ideas anyone

ginger

Reaction score
hello there mickha, just to let you now i got it working using your instructions, thank you very much, i had been trying and trying to do it without fail because my infinity usb phoenix was only updated to 1.46 and not 1.48. simple problem but i have no idea about computers and was very confusing for myself. thanks agins for the help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi ginger,
just got back in from work, I'm pleased to hear you've now got it working, if you check the Predator folder you will find a howto.doc file, if you print this out and follow the step by step guide you shouldn't experience any problems. Happy viewing,
Best wishes
Mickha

paperman

Reaction score
Hi Mickha,reading trough the posts I came across your reply, it seems one has to load the Fun7 card differently, I took this piece from the:How to: on the 304 predator files-ALTERNATIVE METHOD
For this method, you need a FUN7 card
Using a suitable program, program the FLASH of the FUN7 card with FUN7LDR.HEX,
and program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin. Make sure the program you use
handle the large eeprom size of the fun7 card correctly!
END alternative metho.---now,my problem is I cannot get these files to load on Fun 7, do I have to unzipp them? I already had this Cam/Card programmed with
304, but I want upgrade,(dont ask me how,I got help at Xmas loading it,Ime on my own now) so help really required. I dont think I used the method above when programming the 1st time, also on the ;How To; link it says---use DCP tool everytime before you upgrade Dragon, could anyone explain? and do I have to clear the old prog..... of Fun7 before reprog......., and how do I go about same,a lot of questions, appreciate any help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi paperman,
you have to unzip any compreesed file to be able to use it, usually using Winzip or Winar.
Predator 304 is the latest version, and once loaded there is no need to upgrade the firmware, instead you can update the keys, using your remote control, for any channels that change.
Alternatively there are some sites that do this for you and produce an updated version of Predator 304. To load predator 304 on your Dragon Cam, using the Infinity/Phoenis programmer you follow the instuctions in the hotto.txt in the predator folder:
For this method, you need a FUN7 card
Using a suitable program, program the FLASH of the FUN7 card with FUN7LDR.HEX,
and program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin, (Load predator304.bin, into Ext. EEprom1)

Make sure the program you use can handle the large eeprom size of the fun7 card correctly!
END alternative method
Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module. Insert this into a receiver
and turn on the receiver. make sure you are tuned to an FTA channel.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage,
select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader
card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

For updating your keys manually I came across these instructions from Parker on JFK.
When you have downloaded the latest updated predator, you miss the C+ NL keys these are for receive the dutch rtl channels and ned 1,2& 3
So it's a nice change to practice and here a brief how to put them by remote

Changing or adding keys with remote controller

What kind of keys you use
What is hex: ** ** ** 3A ** C4 Change in
what is dec: *** *** *** 058 *** 196
what is remote control key: same as dec.

For changing the hex in dec, use the Hextodec-Dragon-Conax-format.zip in toolsection
_http://www.gccadm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24360

Turn your receiver on a FTA channel!!!!!!
Go to your menu of the receiver
Select conditional access
Select Predator x.xx
Select Debug
Select the scrambling system Irdeto,seka,viaccess,etc (Irdeto in this case)
Select the provider you want to change (C+NL )
Select the key you want to change ( OA and OC in this case)

There appears ???, here you fill in the dec keys (remote control keys)
This you have to do till all eight keys are done, compare the loaded keys with new keys and when they match, you can turn back out of the menu and go to the scrambled channel
Example:

For example we change the "OA" key of C+NL Irdeto

0A:** ** ** BE ** ** ** 3E
*** *** *** 190 *** *** *** 062

The OA and OC keys you have to change
So when you have opened OA you see a row like this 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00, here there comes ** 22 ** BE ** EE ** **
This you do with your remote with the figures *** 034 *** 190 *** 238 ** ***

Enter *** 034 *** *** *** 238 *** 062 and in the upper row appears 80 ** ** ** ** EE ** 3E
You have to do this one at the time, like enter 128 and in the other row appears 80 , so on and on eight times and the bar shows ** n** ** BE 3B EE ** **

Grtz Parker

I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Mickha

compete strings edited by Admin, even if dummy keys we cannot take the risk of people thinking that we are posting keys

paperman

Reaction score
Hi Mickha, thanks for a very detailed reply,I will start by saying that I am very poor when it comes to the file end of things,so that is the problem with regard to downloading the latest Predator files, I have the latest files downloaded to my desktop in a zipp.. fashion;and when i go to the predator extraction wizard the files are in Documents& Setting\Brendan\Predator304,I have to get them files to my programmer(Dynamite) and at this moment I am having problems going about that task I still would like to know, do I have to clear the origional Predator 304 files, that I downloaded origionaly, before reprogramming Fun 7,again,
which bring me around to the key item in your reply, and it was a very
welcome and detialed reply, received with Thanks,and Ime sure was a benifit to many members of this Forum, I am going to have a little at this key item and will get back to you in more detial later, part of this problem is I dont know which of these scrambled systems my Cam is carrying,and which I have lost, I always felt that I did not have the full package when I programmed the Cam origionally,at the moment all I have is Multievision, and TPS, and that is not bad,please advise as to what systems, carry what channel please excuse my ignorance on this,and I wondering could I optain your e-mail address, to get some information with regard to keys, I hope this is allowed.