Future energy sources?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It can be reused a number of times

Usual size 250х120х88. or sometimes 250х120х65
(Housebricks in Russia are not like our London reds/yellows)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Channel Hopper said:
(Housebricks in Russia are not like our London reds/yellows)

They are black and full of waste oil? :)

tuggyman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci
90 CM Gibertini Alu-Dish
MOTECK 2100A MOTOR
Syntec 2000 0.3dB single LNB
Sky+
My Location
leics.
I like the idea of Hydrogen rotary engines ,then give better efficeny and clean waste (water).
The problem lies in havesting pure hydrogen currently using electrolysis or reforming fossile fule (latter can be ruled out).
Another way for havesting, i have been reading about is to super heat water(850 degrees Celsius) by means for solar mirrors.This to me is fantastic, a free renewable, clean source of power.
I like the idea of cheap energy ,but i dought governments will with tax losses or the oil companys.(do you think this is why so little money spent and research is done!!!!!)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Nuclear isn´t exactly in my book pollution free... would you rather have a heating globe with flooding or a unusable areas full of cancer causing radiation? That stuff takes 300 years to no longer be radioactive. Not exactly enviromentlally friendly. Anyway, what about geothermal? Dig a hole deep into the earth, run a pipe from the sea downwards so it poars down the hole, turn it into steam and there you go, free power from steam and seawater! What is wrong with that idea? Get digging!

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
There is oil enough for 100's of years, in oil rich daymined soil.
Then we have Russia with hardly tapped enourmous resources of oil.
Natural gas, like us in Holland Russia has an abundancy of it as well.

As long these sources don't get exhausted, energy firms or governments are not "REALLY' interested in spending in alternative sources.

The prices for fuel are 70+% of taxes, so governments don't like it when that would drop....

On the other hand if we get renewable sources of energy, the whole infrastructure needs to be redone, adding to the cost of that alternative energy.

Not an easy to solve problem is it? O-Ha