GbSat v Humax

ernie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Newport S.Wales
Hi all, been searching through here to try and find an answer but there's too much to read through! Can soebody help? Been searching for a Humax IRCI 5400 but can only find the Z version (told that this is not as good) Also been told that the GbSat IR2CI is basically a 5400 and is a good alternative, but does it have the same support as the Humax?. Should I go for the Z or the GbSat?:( Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know Ernie, once modded, the 5400Z is pretty much as good as the 5400.

tuksumduin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
hi ernie i had your problem i got humax 5400z patched and with a 6in1 card you carnt go wrong (thats my opinion) their are loads of sites for humax support and downloads if you do your own cards their is always files for humax i have not seen any for gbsat or any support sites for gbsat
hope this helps
tuksumduin :)

ernie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Newport S.Wales
cheers fella's. came to the same conclusion myself but wanted the experts opinion. i can make my own cards, and get the box patched through a friend, but who is the best to buy from? dont mind paying a bit more for excellent customer service and generally a decent company to deal with. (hard to find on the net):)

tuksumduin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
hi ernie i got mine from www.pulsat.com at leeds ready patched i also got a programmer as well i had problems with programmer but they sorted it out found other software for it but it was mainly down to a conflict on my pc they were very helpfull especialy roy in tech department i would buy of them again
tuksumduin

dmm

Reaction score
GBSAT 2CI0 - excellent receiver - works with any cam - but can also be patched for Irdeto/Viaccess/S*ca and Nagravision
- no cam required and a LOT cheaper than humax see here www.satsw.com for all latest embedded decryption firmware - called the Starsat (exactly same as GBSAT 2CI0 in other countries)

tuksumduin said:
hi ernie i got mine from www.pulsat.com at leeds ready patched i also got a programmer as well i had problems with programmer but they sorted it out found other software for it but it was mainly down to a conflict on my pc they were very helpfull especialy roy in tech department i would buy of them again
tuksumduin