• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gemini 2.40

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've found a few differences in Gemini 2.40 so this thread for similar (if any?)...

CIFS: the path to your PC hard drive needs to be /mnt/hdd and not /hdd as previously. And when setting the timer to record, select record DVR (cifs doesn't appear): e.g. if you're watching the Travel Channel, hit the red button then the green button (dm500s) and change the dropdown list from "switch" to "record dvr".

that's it so far...

Anyone else?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
All I can say I went back to the old version, could not see much difference and the old one worked just fine.

My Satellite Setup
LOTS OF CRAP
My Location
UK
anyone got noip working in this latest firmware, it works in gemini 2.20 no problem, but gives errors when i telnet the db500 with var/bin/noip2 -C

S

shakeeb

installed GEMINI 2.4 and enabled the DHCP but the dm-7020 keeps the same IP its not taking the the DHCP. default is 10.0.0.97 even when i change the IP manually its not working don't why .
is there any solution for this.

un4gvn

Learning everyday........
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
Running 2.40 on USB, no problems to report apart from what shakeeb reported. My fix was a reboot of my router and dreambox.
The only thing I noticed was faster reboots, menu access and no more freezing, but then again everything around me seems faster since my tuesday night hang over :-wow .

Cheers from CY

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Bullz_text aint working in my setup (7020) so I am thinking about a return lol

I am working on it so I wait but if I must delete it I think it will be DaVinci

My Satellite Setup
Skymaster WinXP
My Location
germany
Gemini 2.40 comes with Dreamcastnet built in.

You can hear Shoutcast internet radio on your DB!!