German pensioners in court over Kidnap

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Though in reality it is the beginning of a much larger fraud case.

Four pensioners have appeared in a German court charged with kidnapping a financial adviser they blamed for making rotten US property investments.
The pensioners, two married couples aged between 63 and 79, and an alleged accomplice aged 60, are charged with abducting the adviser in June 2009

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8505090.stm

A few years earlier and this conman would have been walking the Rhine in concrete boots.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Channel Hopper said:
A few years earlier and this conman would have been walking the Rhine in concrete boots.

Unfortunatley, I don't think so, especially not in Germany. People in Germany are too square and law abiding for such draqstic actions. Maybe if it were criminals, they would have done it. But normal people?

I know one should not applaud kidnapping, but on the other hand I can understand them. People are always taking advantage of older people, so maybe a bit more of that is needed.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The estimated loss of pensionable income was some 2.4M Euros, or 1.2M per couple.

This man claims to be a 'financial advisor'.

Anyhow, all they did was take him on a vacation.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Holiday hosts jailed - four and six years !!!!!!!

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/7506512/German-pensioners-sentenced-over-kidnapping-of-financial-advisor.html

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well done to the German courts. Drug dealers, peadophiles and criminals walk the streets or get ridicilous sentences, but a few pensioners who refused to get ripped of get 6 years...

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
There is a not dissimilar case before the French courts at the moment. A German doctor, convicted by French courts in his absence of killing his companion's teenage daughter, was kidnapped from Germany and found trussed up in a French city in front of the court building. The dead girl's real father is accused of having organised the kidnapping. It seems the Germans courts have never thought it necessary that the doctor should face French justice. However now that the doctor is in France, notwithstanding the unusual manner in which he arrived, it looks as though justice will finally be done 27 years after the girl's death.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Not quite the same, dealing with a killing puts somewhat a different slant on everything, plus the fact the kidnapper has only transported the convicted to his fate, a charitable bounty hunter would be more appropriate.