Glasgow Sat installers?

digisatman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a Glasgow Sat installer, to install motorized system. Any reccomendations?

Also, what size of dish will i need in this area?

Finally, I have a barratt styles fairly new house, and was wondering if it is better to put dish going up side of wall with bracckets, or on the ground. I am worried, that while i will get better coverage on side with pole, It may need re-aligning every so often, which is easier to do on ground level. Will these kind of houses hold a 1.1m dish?

Thanks for advice,

PSB

Satellite Head
Reaction score
Website
www.psbsatellite.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 800HDse

Traxis DBS 6000 HD (Soon)

Matchbox Pro USB receiver

90cm and 1.8m dish

Ku and C-Band
My Location
Minneapolis/St. Paul USA.
Hello Digisatman

I am a licensed satellite installer from Glasgow, but I now live here in Minneapolis/St. Paul USA I wish I could come over and install your system, I would do it for free if you pay for the flight :p

When you book the flight I would rather fly into Edinburgh and walk to Glasgow, seems Glasgow Airport is closed right now 'O'-red

I lived in Glasgow for many years and used a 1m dish for Ku Band with great results. I also lived in a Barratt Home in Millerston so I am fimiliar with the buildings.

You could safely mount a 1m dish on any brick surface but I would not advise mounting it on any other surface of the house. My home had a brick side and what we call "Stucco" on all other sides, this surface will not support any weight and because there is metal mesh below the surface finding a stud is difficult. A roof mount is a last resort and since I know what the weather is like 350 days a year in Glasgow drilling any kind of hole in the roof is a BAD idea.

I had my 1m dish mounted on the ground and it was ideal for tinckering and testing out LNB's....

Hope this helps and I'll take a Sunday Mail and six well fired rolls if your going to the shop this morning!

And a bottle of Irn Bru :-worship