goldeninterstar GI-S801 Xspeed Class

robandmag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9 prtugese dish.goldeninterstar receiver
My Location
spain
helppppppppppppppppppppp how do I add channels to my receiver ? I have the codes but have no idea how to scan,add ect...I am a complete satellite virgin..please...is anyone out there??? ps. i am a brit in spain !!!! tia..maggie)(-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which channels are you trying to add and which satellite are you trying to receive?

robandmag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
I am trying to add itv2, channel 4, bbc2...I also have all bbc1 but can only get it from the channel island !! (bbc west midlands would be nice !) tia...maggie

robandmag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
forgot to say..that my satellite is astra 2abd.............:confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You dont say hare in Spain you are, and its a big place. Spain is outside the official transmission footprint for Astra 2D, and different frequencies are received at different signal strengths.

Its quite possible your dish isnt big enough for some of the frequencies.

However ignoring this factor for a moment, somewhere in the receiver menu structure will be the settings for a manual scan

Put the following parameters into it - ignore what the letters mean, you just want the numbers.:

Vertical
SR 22000
FEC 2/3 (may not be there - many receivers do this one automatically)

and allow it to scan. If it comes up with no signal your dish is probably too small.

robandmag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
sorry,but I did say I was a satellite virgin !! I am in oriuhela ( 50mins south of alicante ) I can get the menu page up and I can go to installation...then I go blank ... not knowing what to do.... on the left is a list of satellites ( I am on astra 2abd ) on the right is a long list of stuff ..tp set up ect ????if I click on tp I get a list of codes,so I pick the one that I want ..eg:10788 v 22000-5/6 ( for bbc mids) then i `scan` all ..it scans ..then i go back to check channels and its just the same as before i did anything !!! what am i doing wrong ????? tia..maggie:mad:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Check the end of the channel list - many receivers tag new channels right onto the end.