Gonna Buy a Dreambox.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Ok ive fineshed with the Technomate 1500ci+ Bored now :).

Anyway im thinking of buying a Dreambox.

Not forking out £400 on a box though. so i'm thinking of getting the 500s model :).

Firstly : ive read you can use it as a pvr. Is this easy to do? my pc isnt hard wired to my router will that cause a problem?
My router is on the same shelf as my Satellite boxes (on the TV stand) hardwiring that isnt a problem.

Secondly : With it being connected to my router. what internet facilities can i use with this box? IE, MSN etc etc. Ive seen a Keyboard for the Box but do they do a Mouse??

Thirdly : ive seen you can update the keys by the press of a button. Is it that easy? press the blue button and the latest camd updates?.

Obviously there will be more questions to come but ill ask in small portions to obtain maximum replies.. not the "read half, this is boring" :)

Cheers in advance :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
1. Recording to your PC hard drive is easy. But if your Dreambox is connected to your router and your PC isn't how can the DB and PC "see" each other? They both need to be connected to the same router or you need to use a crossover cable from PC to Dreambox.

2. In reality- none.

3. Yes. It's no longer built into the image but you can install a plugin to do this.

What do you want to do with it?

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
mhku said:
1. Recording to your PC hard drive is easy. But if your Dreambox is connected to your router and your PC isn't how can the DB and PC "see" each other? They both need to be connected to the same router or you need to use a crossover cable from PC to Dreambox.

My pc connects to the router but its wireless. so that wont work

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
Should be fine so long as you are using 54Mb/s wireless or above.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
The keys directly over the blue button seldom works as you want, especially with the TPS situation where the keys change every few minutes. At this moment, the best thing is to update the keys once a day by downloading and FTP from computer. But the cams, cam config and plugins can be directly downloaded, that is still very easy and much easier than FTP.

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
hi,

can you tell me where you get your daily key package from?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
There is a thread called The usual places in the dreambox section, go there and choose one. I prefer Satan, many users Sin. (I just had to :D )

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Very good :)

Do you use the satankeyupdater plugin? Is it still working (mine doesn't work)?

sorry to hijack ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
At the moment there is no use for autoupdate as we seem to get a weeks supply of keys every saturday.
In any case, it is always good to look at the key bundle and update only these files that have changed.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It's not an auto update (tps); it's a plugin to get the latest keys from satan (manually). But I guess you don't use it?

Yeshi- have you bought one yet?