Good system to receive the following

Don X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
B Sky B....Sky+
My Location
UK
Hi Folks,

I am based in the UK midlands and will want to find out what systems & installations I need to get the following channels; any Price quotations?

_http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Ghana.html
Thanx for your help in advance folks!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you click on the links under "Beam" on lyngsat it will give you a map showing approximately what size dish you require to receive those satellite transmissions.
Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to receive any of the channels broadcasting from NSS 7 as these are using the SE Zone, but a good quality 1 Metre dish should get you Metro TV on NSS 10 as this is broadcasting on the Europe & Africa beam.

Don X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
B Sky B....Sky+
My Location
UK
Mickha said:
If you click on the links under "Beam" on lyngsat it will give you a map showing approximately what size dish you require to receive those satellite transmissions.
Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to receive any of the channels broadcasting from NSS 7 as these are using the SE Zone, but a good quality 1 Metre dish should get you Metro TV on NSS 10 as this is broadcasting on the Europe & Africa beam.

Thanx Mickha for your swift response! I would like to know if it would be ok to use my existing sky+ box / Poineer LX01 Freeview receiver with a CI slot OR do I need to buy a separate set top box to go with the 1 Meter dish? If so can you please give me any recommendations?

Thanx

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will need C-band equipment. Totally incompatible with most hobby level equipment sold in the UK so forget any ideas of using existing kit.

Its going to be quite a lot of investment for 1 TV channel!