• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Goodbye D2Mac

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Had info from Denmark saying

TV3 & 3+ slated for closure 15th March

_http://www.viasat.dk/main.phtml?page_type=document&document=72195

DR2 going 1st July.

So its the end of the line for D2Mac in Europe.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Thank god at last, never liked any of the D/D2-MAC systems.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
The Nokia/Finlux/Luxor receivers were probably the best in terms of quality and reliability. Logica (in the city) were making the commercial stuff and I had the job of bringing the signals down from 1W for them to develop the hybrid D/D2MAC units for the racks.
I was working with Uniden when they pulled the plug on development (quiet at the back there), and a lot of my students/successors in the business cut their teeth on receiving Scandinavian broadcasts using the system.

A shame its going, but fifteen years plus in the wild isnt bad at all

stealthpirate

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Likvid said:
Thank god at last, never liked any of the D/D2-MAC systems.
NO!!!.... first foray into computers was for D2MAC self upgrades (and a few punters, used to get 15 quid a pop) many many moons ago :rolleyes:

Satellite-tv-fan

My Satellite Setup
Quad core 4GB Ram Vista 64bit 24" 245B Samsung widescreen TFT. Nvidia Zotac 8800GT AMP! Edition 512MB graphics card + Skystar 2 sat tv card with DVB Viewer Pro 3.9
Intel mac mini dual core
with eyetv 3.0.1 running Cinergy S USB satellite box
1m Fu
My Location
East Sussex
I'm staggered that any D2MAC channels still exist myself. I expected them to have all gone at least by the turn of the century. Great fun though playing with all the different parameters on a converted BSB box, picture quality and sound on TV2 Norway etc was fabulous