Google Earth sparks illegal pool parties

chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Police are warning of an alarming new craze sweeping the nation, whereby hordes of scantily-clad teens organize flash mob parties in strangers’ pools, using Facebook and Google Earth.

The phenomenon, aptly dubbed “dipping”, has yoof scouring Google Earth for houses in their vicinity equipped with big outdoor pools, to select as venues for their off-the-cuff parties.

Venue selected, the organisers post details and instructions on Facebook, advising people to come in 'fancy dress' and with a bike, in case a quick getaway is required.

Police reckon there have already been several 'horrific' cases of residents waking up in the middle of the night, only to find hordes of semi-naked and attractive young things living it up in their pools. Oh the dismay!

Others have apparently come home from work to find their pools full of empty beer cans. This is understandably more upsetting, because it means the party is over and nobody bothered to invite the poor shlub now having to clean up the mess.

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police noted that the situation would only get worse as the weather improved and the summer holidays tempted rich pool owners away on holiday.

“We are advising owners of swimming pools to be on their guard and extra vigilant”, said the party-poopering police spokesman, who added “We would also warn prospective swimmers that using someone else’s pool is trespassing and therefore illegal”.

He’s probably still upset that nobody thought of inviting him.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well here's my view:

Grumpy Old Man said:
Facebook has a lot to answer for, I actually don't find this type of invasion very funny, beautiful people or not, I wonder how these oiks would feel if they were to come home and find their house, garden or pool trashed. Similarly with the publishing of private party details, there have been a couple of horrific cases, where thousands of pounds worth of damage has been done to houses.

There was also the recent case of the mass water fight at Leeds' Millenium Square Gardens, which cased thousands of ponds worth of damage to the award winning site, built in honour of Nelson Mandela.

Good, got that off my chest. ;)

supapete

My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
Yep. The thing is, these "people" live with mummy and daddy or in rented accommodation generally. They have no appreciation of what it feels like to have their stuff trashed or their peacefull existance disrupted. Stuff like this may start as a pseudo intelligenza prank or game but inevitably attracts the rubbish who don't give a damn. Facebook et al are not the culprits any more than supermarkets selling cheap tinnies. The fact is, anyone under the age of about 22 can do what the hell they like, now. They're in charge. So, how would you or I get on if we tried to rid our property of these invaders should they resist? No smilies for this. This is my pet subject at the moment. regards all. P.S

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Tip:

Fill your pool with excessive amounts of Chlorine, this will "mark" the illegal dippers with red and sore eyes aswell as green or bleached hair and a strong odour of chlorine... :)

Also, chuck a few Lion bars in there for good measure, they'll think they're "floaters", if you know what I mean... :cool:

That'll teach the little sods... :mad:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
2cvbloke said:
Tip:

Fill your pool with excessive amounts of Chlorine, this will "mark" the illegal dippers with red and sore eyes aswell as green or bleached hair and a strong odour of chlorine... :)

Also, chuck a few Lion bars in there for good measure, they'll think they're "floaters", if you know what I mean... :cool:

That'll teach the little sods... :mad:

Well if you are going to make unpleasant for yourself to swim in your own pool, you may as well fill it in with concrete.........

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Topper said:
Well if you are going to make unpleasant for yourself to swim in your own pool, you may as well fill it in with concrete.........

You clean the water out before you use it, and have a snack at the same time... :D

But yes, fill it in, much safer and less chance of people diving in unannounced (and even funnier if you left the diving board in place... :D ), I don't really like swimming pools these days anyway, so I'd prefer not to have one... :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
Tip:

Wouldn't that make them look normal nowadays ?

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Wouldn't that make them look normal nowadays ?

Not when they're running round going "AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH!!!! MY EYYYYEEEES!!!!!"... :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Man, you guys have LOST IT!

If any naked and attractive women want directions to my pool, you can PM me! :-rofl2Humping

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
Man, you guys have LOST IT!

If any naked and attractive women want directions to my pool, you can PM me! :-rofl2Humping

Yeah, but you're just a dirty ol' perve... :p

Zorba

My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
How about putting piranhas in ?(obviously take out the chlorine first) and setting up a hidden underwater webcam connected to satco.uk for our pleasure ?

compufunk

My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I'm surprised that insurance hasn't been mentioned here, If one of the little s**t's hurt themselves in YOUR pool you could end up paying compo for it!!

There'd be no fun in that:p

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
compufunk said:
There'd be no fun in that:p

As I said, there would if you leave the diving board(s) in place... :-rofl2

teddie

My Satellite Setup
tm dh 6800+250 hdd usb,tevion hdd/dvd recorder,tevion upscaler hdmi dvd player,philips 42 plasma hd,.beheringer psudo surround thru hi fi ,..
My Location
ireland
anybody have the number of a good pool inst company,...must be fast builders ,...)(-red:p:toke:;)

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
I've had a bucket of water in the back garden for the last hour, strategically placed on the patio - nothing yet.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yorks said:
I've had a bucket of water in the back garden for the last hour, strategically placed on the patio - nothing yet.

Have you urinated in it though ?

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
Channel Hopper said:
Have you urinated in it though ?

Haha. I knew I'd missed something! :-rofl2

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
C´mon

U are too boring :-rofl2

My pool would look like a million bucks if it was filled with "Attractive girls"

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
Maybe I need a bigger bucket. :)

Begtets

My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
I guess I could paint the concrete in my back garden into a blue rectangle, and put some pavers around it and maybe a diving board. Yes, definately a diving board.
Some dry chlorine on the ground should make it smell authentic in the dark, as would a nearby water feature.

Then just make to sure night vision security camera is on motion detection to catch the first one to dive in.

Hell, I could even arrange the 'party' (read honeypot) on myspace myself.