Got Astra 2B! (and who said in-line amplifier won't help for weak signal?)

Dish size is 2m. Which LNB he is using - don't know, but I can ask him, if you want to know... :)

He receives:
BBC 1 London, BBC 2 NI, Film 4 , Film 4 +1, ITV 4 +1, ITV 1, Channel 4, BBC 3, CBBC Channel, ITV 2 +1, G49, ITV 2 and many local versions of these channels...
 
bite said:
Dish size is 2m. Which LNB he is using - don't know, but I can ask him, if you want to know... :)

Hi,:)
Thanks, yeah, I want to know:) Especially what the dish make (manufacturer- the name and country) is, if you could please ask him.
I think you benefit from the so called "Stockholm astra 2d hotspot", as you're very close to that.
 
So, I found out, that he is using old russian dish, which has been modified and repaired over these past years...
With this - 2m dish he is using Skyflex 0,2dB LNB (which is very cheap).
So, he asked me, to find out, which LNB do you recommend for him, because he needs at least 1-2% signal improvement on SNR. Then he will be able to watch these channels on evenings too...
So, what do you suggest? Invacom? Which model?
 
No need for invacom. Just get inverto and proper feedhorn (I assume the dish is primefocus, and he's currently using cheap LNB, designed for offset dishes).
 
Which one of these will be better?

1. _http://cgi.ebay.de/Inverto-BLACK-Ultra-Single-LNB-72dB-Gain-0-2dB-HDTV_W0QQitemZ350170143245QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotoren_Positionierer?hash=item350170143245&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

2. _http://cgi.ebay.de/Inverto-Single-LNB-0-2-db-mit-5-Jahren-Garantie_W0QQitemZ120382727469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotoren_Positionierer?hash=item120382727469&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318
 
With some further fiddling, certain 2B southern beam transponders were also received. And according to spectrum analyzer, there are also a lot of detectable, but weak signals, so I think, 2m or larger dish will bring in much more fun.
 
How many meters of cable Bombed?
 
BombedOne said:
With some further fiddling, certain 2B southern beam transponders were also received. And according to spectrum analyzer, there are also a lot of detectable, but weak signals, so I think, 2m or larger dish will bring in much more fun.

Bombedone where did you hooked in line amplifier between LNB and Diseqc or Direct between LNB and Receiver and which inline amplifier did you used.:-worship.

May be if this really work we get Hotbird 9 & 8 some of the transponders
 
direct next to lnb, and then to receiver. very short cable in total, about 5 meters.
 
Back
Top