Got my new system

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+ USB PVR receiver
80cm Technomate 2200 Diseqc 1.2 motor
My Location
haydock
The box arrived on Monday with my new system built around the Technomate TM5400CL USB

I thought I was getting a Technomate 2200 motor but they put in a Mocheq 2100 ..after a few emails they agreed to change it and so Im still waitig to get up and running.

The main problem has been the placement of the dish,I thought it would go on the side of my Dorma Bungallow,but after inspection the dish being 80cm wont clear the roofline with the bracket I was sent ( universal ) and so I am getting a pole made specially for the job which will now be at the back of the house ( South facing) attached to the wall and with a cleverly designed 2" steel tubing,half swastica shaped pole it will run out from the house under the eaves and up over the roofline about 26 inches to give lots of clearance for the dish to rotate 45 degrees either way.:)

I will put photos of it on the site when it arrives and is up and running.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Make sure you use good anchor bolt fixings to fix the brackets to the wall. Fit brackets at least 6 bricks down from top.:)

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
The part of the mast that goes onto the wall will have 2 x 6" plates welded to it each 6 inches apart with 4 holes drilled for bolt fixings into the brickwork.

I know I need to make sure the mast is plumb in every way before drilling any holes,I think it should be strong enough to take the motor and dish.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Sounds like it will hold it no problem :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I don't think that Technomate makes Diseq motors. It is probably made either by Moteck (Taiwan) or Stab (Italy) and they just pack it in a Technomate packing box. Hope that I am wrong.
Would be interesting to check the label or engraving on the motor when it arrives, take a picture and attach it in a post. Thanks. :)

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
They sent me a Motech 2100 but I sent it back as the offer was for a 2200,today I was tld its on its way..all the sales Ive seen on Ebay say that the Technomate is Diseq compatible..but we shall see..

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
They have a photo and description of the 2200 motor at the link below...

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/motors.htm

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Art said:
They have a photo and description of the 2200 motor at the link below...

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/motors.htm

I have seen these photos.
I am interested in the actual manufacturer of this motor which might be engraved on the body or on a sticky label.

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
It has no maker other than Technomate on it,the only other writing is "Made in Taiwan"
It is the TM2200 Super Diseqc H-H Motor

Specs are :
1.2\1.3 diseqc
Adjustable hardware limits
Goto X feature
Manual move button
LED status button

It says designed in the UK and so unless they are hiding the brand name inside or something they must now make them.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
It's basically just an upgrade of the Moteck sg2100a The body, motor arm and packaging box is identical to a moteck motor.

below text taken from somewhere, can't remember now:

Technomate TM-2200 diseqc motor is the upgrade version of TM-2100 A. Technomate diseqc motor has got the same specification but is faster and stronger. Technomate 2200 is a very fast motor and it is compatible to diseqc motor, usual or goto-x function. Technomate diseqc motor has got full year guarantee from the Technomate manufacture direct. Technomate TM-2200 diseqc motor design for windy and heavy storms. you can use the diseqc motor up to 120 cm (1.2 meter) dish. The cogs inside in this motor have been modified and replaced with extra harder material instead of hard plastic by manufacturer Technomate

:)

Let us know how you get on

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Art said:
It has no maker other than Technomate on it,the only other writing is "Made in Taiwan"
It is the TM2200 Super Diseqc H-H Motor

Specs are :
1.2\1.3 diseqc
Adjustable hardware limits
Goto X feature
Manual move button
LED status button

It says designed in the UK and so unless they are hiding the brand name inside or something they must now make them.

OK. Thanks. :)
It looks like another OEM motor manufacturer from Taiwan. Not Moteck for sure.
Would be interesting to check the noise level during dish movement.
Enjoy your new system. :)

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
Ive now got the daunting part of installing the system,its got to be a DIY job Im afraid as I went OTT with the amount I spent,originally it was going to be a cheap and cheerfull B&Q one discounted by 20% as the missus works there.
Still it should be interesting enlightening or maybe both:-rofl2
If I get stuck I always have the option of shouting help !!!

Art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
haydock
Ok after a few teething problems its up and running,Ive not had a good play with it yet but it looks ok...I had a few problems ie: I ended up getting Aintree Satellite to come and install it ( £185.00) including 2 brackets and a 7' scaffold pole.
A bit OTT but hey it saved me putting myself in hospital ..as I suffer from severe heart disease.
One thing though he patched the Technomate with the latest patch 23\04\08 via his USB memory stick and we can get Premiere now, but I thought it had to be done via computer and patching lead..he said not...anyway in the info it shows the patch ...but what do I do with it ???? Emails only please !!! I dont want to get anyone in trouble ...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I'm sorry I cannot help you but yes that is the advantage of the new range of TM's I understand they have usb support so you can read and presumably copy or ftp the patch from usb stick I assume without the need for a PC. I would suggest going to the A L S A T forum for exact details on how to achieve this.