Got the card programmer blues

iampivot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VDR/Linux, phoenix reader, dvb-t/dvb-s cards.
My Location
Australia
I've got two programmers, and am trying to program a dragon cam loader card (I think it's a pic f84a card, not the more recent fun 7).

The first programmer (a usb programmer, the black one in the picture) was acquired on ebay, but the seller seems to have gone bust, so I don't know which exact software that works with it. The only software that 'Ive ever got working with it is the mp_test.exe program from adteknik. se, and from snooping the usb traffic, I've modified the adusbph program (from that same company) to allow the programmer/reader to go into phoenix mode. This has allowed me to use it with linux and newcs. However, the programmer doesn't work with any of their programming software, so it's not fully compatible, nor have I gotten the dragonload. exe program to work with it either, since it's not possible to use it with usb based serial ports, nor can I get the programmer to stay in phoenix mode.

The second reader/programmer I've got is an xtra pro serial programmer, which I got as part of an ebay deal along with a t-rex 4.6 cam and a t-rex / dragon cam loader card. I have tried using dragonload.exe with this card under windows xp, but the program doesn't detect the card. I've had some minor success with cardpro v2.0.3.0, but that program doesn't seem to have any "mode" to program a dragon loader card.

Can someone help me out here? Does anyone recognise what type of programmer the usb programmer is? Also, does anyone know how to program a pic based dragon loader card with the cardpro program?

Attachments

• IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 65