Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PANASONIC TU6-DB40 Digibox
1 Mt Dish
Universal LNB
My Location
Corsica
Hello All,

I thought that I would update you guys with a reception report from Corsica Island, I'm located in a little mountain village that is located between Bastia and Bonifacio.

I run an old Panasonic TU6-DB40 Skydigibox that is over 8 years old, and a 1mt dish.( BTW ... I don't subscribe to Sky)

In the past I had terrible problems with pictures breaking up as soon as darkness fell, or bad weather arrived, but a few months ago having slightly adjusted the angle of my dish I am now experiencing great results.

I can now receive all of the UK FTA channels 24 hours a day with no signs of the picture breaking up..... long may this continue.

But I'm now wondering if the improvement was not entirely down to my dish adjustments and in fact the improved reception has come about via the new Astra 1N satellite ?

I'd be interested to hear the comments of some on the experts on that subject, anyway I'm a very happy camper now that I no longer suffer from continual picture break up.

Thanks for reading.... RoyR

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well it would be speculative at best to put it down to 1N - and perhaps only temporarily relevant as 1N is shortly due to continue its travels and take up its originally planned role at 19.2E, hence 2F is already up there and coming towards the end of a Testing phase.

So enjoy it while you can and keep those fingers crossed that all will still be well in a few weeks time!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Depends on when you're comparing now with.

Basically, within most of the last year 1N has been in place and the FTA channels have been very strong in the near fringe areas. If you're comparing with over a year ago then 2D was broadcasting and signals in the near fringe were much weaker.