My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Dreambox 500
TBS-5925
Spaun SMS 5402 NF Multiswitch + Sky Zone 1 Minidish
Triax TD88 + Dark Motor using USALS
My Location
Suffolk
So I've been looking at Gregorian dishes and soon discovered that when people say they hardly come up on eBay... They weren't lying! I've literally been looking for weeks and no such luck. However, reading some posts on another forum, they seem to still be manufactured in Germany under the 'MasterFocus' brand.

I currently have a TD88, which is great but some of the feeds on 7E and 10E are weak and I struggle to get lock. I don't really want to go bigger, so a 90cm Gregorian seems ideal to give me the extra gain I need. After-all, the 90cm Gregorian has a higher gain than the Triax TD110!

A quick bit of Googling and I've found these places that seem to sell the MasterFocus MF90:
So the questions are, has anyone got this dish? Has anyone heard of these retailers and I can I simply take the TD88 off and mount this on my Alsat Dark H-H Motor? Providing I can get hold of one of course!

Many Thanks!

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
gregorian dishes are said to be 10% better at their job than standard off-set/PF dishes of the same size all things being equal but saying that dont expect miracles either. nothing beats a bigger dish(more surface area=more signal gathered)
there are exceptions to the rule though. EG. cheap brand 1.2m dishes performing worse than 1m good quality ones like gibertini or channel master. i do know that @digi247 fitted a 90cm fibo once for a guy and it wasnt as good as a td110 with IBU so the guy stuck with the triax. dont get me wrong they are fantastic dishes but if you can go with a 1m dish i go with gibertini or channel master but the latter really needs a polar mount and jack combo. rgds

A

archive10

However, reading some posts on another forum, they seem to still be manufactured in Germany under the 'MasterFocus' brand.
They look very much like the Fibos - wonder if they are a continuation of the production, or a copy?

daaahhnuh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Dreambox 500
TBS-5925
My Location
Suffolk
gregorian dishes are said to be 10% better at their job than standard off-set/PF dishes of the same size all things being equal but saying that dont expect miracles either. nothing beats a bigger dish(more surface area=more signal gathered)
there are exceptions to the rule though. EG. cheap brand 1.2m dishes performing worse than 1m good quality ones like gibertini or channel master. i do know that @digi247 fitted a 90cm fibo once for a guy and it wasnt as good as a td110 with IBU so the guy stuck with the triax. dont get me wrong they are fantastic dishes but if you can go with a 1m dish i go with gibertini or channel master but the latter really needs a polar mount and jack combo. rgds

I totally get what you say about a larger dish... But I quite like the idea of having a Gregorian to be honest! I'm going to enquire about these when I get back from holiday and @st1, I think you are right they are an exact copy! Question is what LNB to use. Seems to either be a choice of the Invacom C120 or Inverto Ultra Black. I'm tempted by the latter as I have the universal on my TD88 at the moment at it's fantastic! Thoughts?

PS - @SystemSAT should totally supply these if they are any good!

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I think @william-1 priced them up the other week, I am sure he will post his findings when he is online.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I did post a reply here but I am not able to find now ?

Here is my reply from the supplier about a 90cm parabolic:-

profile_mask2.png

Müller Satelliten Technik GmbH
16 Jul
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello,

thanks for inquiry. Ist on stock.
Price for one dish incl. fixmount, subreflector, feed, raincover: 226,-Euro
without transport cost (where?).

Best regards
Pompiliu Sirb
Vertrieb Innendienst
Müller Satelliten- und Antennentechnik GmbH
Barthelweiher 14
91334 Hemhofen / Germany

I hope this helps you..

daaahhnuh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Dreambox 500
TBS-5925
My Location
Suffolk
I did post a reply here but I am not able to find now ?

Here is my reply from the supplier about a 90cm parabolic:-

profile_mask2.png

Müller Satelliten Technik GmbH
16 Jul
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello,

thanks for inquiry. Ist on stock.
Price for one dish incl. fixmount, subreflector, feed, raincover: 226,-Euro
without transport cost (where?).

Best regards
Pompiliu Sirb
Vertrieb Innendienst
Müller Satelliten- und Antennentechnik GmbH
Barthelweiher 14
91334 Hemhofen / Germany

I hope this helps you..

Nice one! Are you going to get one @william-1 ?!

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Main piece in Gregory dish is it's SUB. Of course it is good when it comes together with originally placed original feedhorn. Basically, if you get used, old Fibo SUB and attach it to 1,2M Channel Master, result will be more or less same as from Fibo 1,2m. No need to buy expensive Müller dish. And if you attach SUB to any 90cm dish, result will be more or less same as Müller 90cm gives.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Got one of these in the garage, perform well, think they must have bought the Fibo patterns

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
My 90cm one works quite well on a DiSEqC motor but I think a 1m Channel Master will trounce it.

A

archive10

My 90cm one works quite well on a DiSEqC motor but I think a 1m Channel Master will trounce it.
Hmm. I recently noticed a Fibo 90 sitting on the roof of a local car-dealership.
Like most other dealerships, I'm pretty confident they have a (cabled) internet connection these days for pricing and catalogue distribution.
Might pop down to ask if they would mind assistance in removing their outdated hardware...

It is tempting to see if the sub could be married to a CM100 or CM120 - would be good for motorisation purposes.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I thought they were extinct, wish I had known as I wanted something to match mt redundant CM 1.2. which I had to downsize because of a neighbor and the insurance surveyor considered it was creating to much strain on the timber framed gable end and he made a visit when the wind stripped 4 metres of code 4 lead from my roof. I must admit it is exposed up there. Now I have Triax Fesat Aluminium 85cm Solid Dish but not as good as the CM 1.2 by a long way.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I personally don't think these Fibos are all that. My Fibo 90cm is only a bit better than my old Penta 85, which gave impressive performance for its size.

They are pretty, though.

I am looking forward to comparing it to the 1m CM.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
They are pretty, though.

They are indeed .....

I think the 1 m CM will have the edge though :)

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I personally don't think these Fibos are all that. My Fibo 90cm is only a bit better than my old Penta 85, which gave impressive performance for its size.

They are pretty, though.

I like pretty. In fact I like pretty very very much. I will have to think about it.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Fibo 90cm gain @ 11.7 GHz - 40 dB
CM 1m gain @ 11.95 GHz - 40.5 dB

Purely theoretical, of course...

daaahhnuh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno 4K SE
Dreambox 500
TBS-5925
My Location
Suffolk
Fibo 90cm gain @ 11.7 GHz - 40 dB
CM 1m gain @ 11.95 GHz - 40.5 dB

Purely theoretical, of course...

Has the gain listed as 40.9dB at 11.7Ghz on the Master Focus dish.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
My Fibo 90 performed exactly the same as my Gibertini 100.